PDA

View Full Version : Remington Range bag at Walmart

Zartan
04-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Anybody have one of these? I'm sick of taking my XD and Neos in their plastic cases. I believe it has two zippers so I can "lock" it.

tleeocinca
04-07-2011, 1:11 PM
I have one, I paid $19.99 for it and it's great. It is very compact, but hold a ton of stuff. I recommend picking one up for the price.

WWDHD?
04-08-2011, 1:26 AM
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't want to carry around a bag that says REMINGTON on it and looks like it could have guns in it because it might attract the wrong kind of attention from both cops and crooks. I like to keep things as low profile as possible and just use a Jansport backpack and put a pad lock through the holes on the zipper. It just looks like a backpack and not a range bag. Still a locked container. plenty of room for all my stuff.
Used to carry my ammo to the range in one of those cool green metal ammo cans. Not anymore. Now I use a tall plastic tool box. Again, this is just my opinion but the fewer people knowing I'm legally transporting firearms the better.

Zartan
04-08-2011, 5:40 AM
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't want to carry around a bag that says REMINGTON on it and looks like it could have guns in it because it might attract the wrong kind of attention from both cops and crooks. I like to keep things as low profile as possible and just use a Jansport backpack and put a pad lock through the holes on the zipper. It just looks like a backpack and not a range bag. Still a locked container. plenty of room for all my stuff.
Used to carry my ammo to the range in one of those cool green metal ammo cans. Not anymore. Now I use a tall plastic tool box. Again, this is just my opinion but the fewer people knowing I'm legally transporting firearms the better.

Yea, I agree on the low profile aspect of it. I have a backpack now, which I have to stuff 2 handguns in locked cases into it. I like the range bag because it has the padded pockets and other compartments for mags and such. I suppose I could wrap the guns up and lock the backpack, but then I'd be back to the whole range bag issue :43:

WWDHD?
04-08-2011, 8:50 AM
OK I get you now. Yeah the big plastic cases in a back pack would be a PITA. I have one of those triangle shaped zippered fabric cases for each of my handguns. Takes up a lot less space. Even my largest frame gun, a Ruger GP100 6" barrel fits inside with room to spare and does a great job of keeping my guns from getting scratched..

Eat Dirt
04-08-2011, 8:53 AM
Anybody have one of these? I'm sick of taking my XD and Neos in their plastic cases. I believe it has two zippers so I can "lock" it.

Got a picture of it .???

Zartan
04-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Got a picture of it .???

Stopping by walmart today, so I'll post ti when I get it. Hope they have them in stock. Went last Friday when I finally decided to get one...all out.:28:

hotarcher
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Can't beat them for the money, I just bought one and it even comes with two gun mats that are removable. It's cheap but the price was cheap as well......works just fine for me

Zartan
04-13-2011, 10:26 AM
So I decided not to get it because I want to use it to transport also, but if I put a lock on the zippers, it will still unzip. Would I have to get the triangle shaped zippered cases WWDHD mentioned, lock those and then transport them in the bag?