View Full Version : Chrony???

thmpr
11-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Any good recommendations on a chrony?

Thanks!!!

tankerman
11-09-2006, 10:46 PM
re-post.

I have a CED Millenium, very easy to use and accurate. LED screen, interfaces with your computer(supplied software). A much updated product compared to the older style chronographs. Great product. If you live in Socal you are welcome to try mine out. You would not be disappointed with this chronograph.

Wulf
11-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Get a reconditioned F-1 from Shootingchrony.com for 50 bucks. Its no frills, but for as often as you really need them it gets the job done if you'll supply a pen and paper.

thmpr
11-11-2006, 6:27 PM
Thanks for all the info. On ARFCOM, had two models to choose from: Pact and CED. I am leaning towards the CED.

Tankerman,
Does the CED come with a printer?

Thanks!

tankerman
11-12-2006, 6:20 AM
Thanks for all the info. On ARFCOM, had two models to choose from: Pact and CED. I am leaning towards the CED.

Tankerman,
Does the CED come with a printer?

Thanks!
No printer. All the info is stored in the unit. It has a large memory. You can decide how many shots make up a string Recall is simple, and since it hooks up to your computer you can print at home very easily, though it is unnecessary. The software that comes with it allows you to track all your loads and evaluate them. Infared components are also available if you are interested in shooting in the dark? This is a modern Chrony and works great. Check out the manufactures website.

thmpr
11-12-2006, 8:15 AM
Thanks Tanker.

Josh
11-12-2006, 8:22 AM
i have the pact unit that doubles as a shot timer.

Its great to be able to download all the info into an excel spreadsheet, and the shot timer works great and is fun to use when shooting with friends.

thmpr
11-12-2006, 8:50 AM
I am getting more confused between the Pact and CED. So many features to choose from...!

Bobshouse
11-12-2006, 9:42 AM
I agree with Wulf, get the Chrony for 50 bucks. Ive had mine for 8 years and used it maybe 10 times. Still works, but not worth spending big money on something that gets used so little.

Bob

swift
11-12-2006, 9:44 AM
I'm a big fan of the Ohler 35P. I understand they are no longer in production. Since it takes two readings of velocity, it is supposed to avoid problems reported about single-reading chronys. (Since I have never used a single channel chrony, I can't state this from experience. However, I have had the 35P fail to give readings on occasion, and this is supposedly due to vastly different velocities recorded on the two channels.)

tankerman
11-12-2006, 2:55 PM
I agree with Wulf, get the Chrony for 50 bucks. Ive had mine for 8 years and used it maybe 10 times. Still works, but not worth spending big money on something that gets used so little.

Bob

I have tried both. Have you? They are not big dollar. Midway has reviews on most all chrony's.
I think if you can find a place that has them both instock and if you could handle them both, your decision would be easy.

50BMGBOB
11-12-2006, 6:21 PM
+1 for the Ohler 35P. Love mine.