PDA

View Full Version : Carrying concealed in Alaska, Vermont, Arizona, and Wyoming?

BayAreaShooter
04-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Let me start off by saying that it is legal to carry a loaded firearm in these states without a permit as most of you probably already know. My question is do you have to be a resident to do so? If I am traveling through or on vacation in one of these states can I legally carry concealed?

Connor P Price
04-07-2011, 1:05 AM
No need to be a resident to carry. Keep in mind that Wyoming has passed the law but it doesn't go into effect until July 1st.

Arizona has some places that are restricted to permit holders only, so you can carry most places, but to go into a bar you've gotta have a permit. There may be similar situations in the others but I'm not certain, I'm sure somebody will be along shortly with that info as its time for me to sleep.

luckystrike
04-07-2011, 1:53 AM
hmm, seems awesome, but havinging to dodge the GFSZs? ...........

nick
04-07-2011, 1:57 AM
Wyoming is resident-only, IIRC.

nicki
04-07-2011, 2:21 AM
If you do plan to travel, score either a Utah/Florida CCW permit and you are good to go for most of the country.

Pick up an Oregon permit too and you can pretty much carry anywhere west of the Mississippi except for California, Colorado and Hawaii.

Nicki

Window_Seat
04-07-2011, 8:53 AM
According to HandGunLaw.us (http://www.handgunlaw.us/), the Wyoming CC law "only applies to legal residents of Wyoming. All non residents must have a permit/license that Wyoming honors to carry in Wyoming." As for the rest, you might check into that before going.

A good place to go for checking on who & who doesn't have CCW reciprocity agreements:

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps (http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html)

Erik.

paul0660
04-07-2011, 9:00 AM
If you do plan to travel, score either a Utah/Florida CCW permit and you are good to go for most of the country.

Pick up an Oregon permit too and you can pretty much carry anywhere west of the Mississippi except for California, Colorado and Hawaii.

Nicki

And Nevada.

J.D.Allen
04-07-2011, 9:10 AM
hmm, seems awesome, but havinging to dodge the GFSZs? ...........

Don't exist in AZ law. Only federal. I haven't seen any FBI or ATF agents waiting around schools to arrest people for that in my town. And believe me. AZ law enforcement doesn't care. The rest of the country ain't CA.

safewaysecurity
04-07-2011, 9:12 AM
Wyoming is residents only and doesn't go into effect til July

CHS
04-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I carried in Arizona legally a couple weekends ago. It was great.

However, without an actual CCW there you CANNOT carry into any place that serves alcohol (concealed OR openly). This does not only include bars but places like restaurants as well.

J.D.Allen
04-07-2011, 10:23 AM

However, without an actual CCW there you CANNOT carry into any place that serves alcohol (concealed OR openly). This does not only include bars but places like restaurants as well.

Correct. Really just a minor annoyance...

BayAreaShooter
04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Alright thank you everyone for enlightening me.

luckystrike
04-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Don't exist in AZ law. Only federal. I haven't seen any FBI or ATF agents waiting around schools to arrest people for that in my town. And believe me. AZ law enforcement doesn't care. The rest of the country ain't CA.

very interesting. thank you

N6ATF
04-07-2011, 12:10 PM

In other words, if you never consume alcohol, go to hell.

Joewy
04-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Wyomings is resident only. However you are free to Open Carry. And it dosent have to be unloaded.
The police in most cases will never ask you for your ID unless you are doing something wrong. You are not required to carry any form of ID either.