PDA

View Full Version : The Canadians Get It

jdberger
04-06-2011, 10:36 PM
This is about as distilled as it gets....

Matt Gurney: Yet another life the gun registry failed to save (http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2011/04/06/matt-gurney-yet-another-life-the-gun-registry-failed-to-save/)

The gun registry, conceived in the aftermath of the Montreal massacre, has always had its devoted supporters. Defenders of it will cite public safety, the need to have effective gun control and the danger posed by rogue individuals armed with powerful weapons going on rampages. Most disturbingly, they’ll appeal to the memories of slain innocents, treating the registry like a monument to the fallen. This has introduced an emotional element into what would otherwise be a policy debate, and one that could be easily solved by basic logic — registration of weapons added costs and bureaucracy to our gun licensing system, but does not in any way enhance safety.

Kid Stanislaus
04-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Well I'm glad SOMEBODY north of the border has a clue about gun control. However, it seems the vast majority of Canadians have drank the coolaid.

Connor P Price
04-06-2011, 11:56 PM
It almost seems like there's a pattern we could find here. So many countries with anti gun movements using appeals to emotion and logical fallacies to forward their agenda, then a group that uses appeals to logic to refute their assertions. I know there's something to it... :D

N6ATF
04-07-2011, 12:07 AM
If you have Twitter, send him an attaboy.

Ford8N
04-07-2011, 4:59 AM
Well I'm glad SOMEBODY north of the border has a clue about gun control. However, it seems the vast majority of Canadians have drank the coolaid.

Just*like*Californians!