PDA

View Full Version : Noveske KX3 flash suppressor

ronas
04-06-2011, 4:56 PM
I'm interested in a suppressor that will send noise from end of barrel downrange. In other words noise reduction from regular A2 flashider is #1 concern.

The firing line of my range is covered with a tin roof and concrete floor. Very loud. I'm going to be getting a suppressor eventually but in the meantime I'd like to redirect sound if possible.

I do have a 16" barrel and I've read that it's not recommended to put the Noveske on such a long barrel. They are made for short barreled rifle. When I called Noveske they said it would be fine on 16" barrel.

I'm concerned about extra pressure going back to the chamber and I've read about something else called dwell time but I'm not certain what that means.

Anyone have any recommendations? Remember my goal is not flash suppression, muzzle control, recoil reduction or light weight, at least not right now.

tomd1584
04-06-2011, 5:48 PM
it sounds like the KX3 is what you're looking for.

Bug Splat
04-06-2011, 6:22 PM
I'm a big fan of the Levang Linear Comp. Works great at directing the sound and for me has been a great flash suppressor for not being marketed as one.

shadow65
04-06-2011, 6:28 PM
KX3 is designed for SBR's. It sends the blast down range and increases back pressure for increased reliability in short barrelled uppers.

It adds 3" and weighs 1/2 lb. I would never use it on a 16"

The Levang would be a much better choice. Sends the blast down range, has less back pressure, is shorter, lighter, and cost about $30.
Dave

ronas
04-06-2011, 7:21 PM
It sends the blast down range and increases back pressure

How much more backpressure are you thinking it will create in a 16" barrel. Also rifle has a selector switch for running a supressor. I wonder it I used in mode I would use with a real suppressor would decrease backpressure.

Remember, size, weight are not a concern. This is a temporary fix until I get a suppressor.

$P-Ritch$
04-06-2011, 7:31 PM
I was under the impression that the suppressor setting for adjustable gas blocks opened up the gas ports. This would cause even more gases to come back to the BCG.

As others have mentioned the KX3 is specifically designed for SBRs. I have a troy claymore brake (fancier looking version of the levang) and it works rather well. Plus it's only about an inch and a half long and not very heavy compared to the KX3. Also, it will save you a bunch of money. It was only like $60, the levang I believe is $40 whereas the KX3 is well over a $100.

ronas
04-06-2011, 7:40 PM
I have a troy claymore brake

So this device does not increase backpressure?

And from your use would you say it is send more blast downrange than A2 birdcage?

rareair
04-06-2011, 7:45 PM
I 2nd the troy Claymore. Definitely sends the sound down range, just what the OP is looking for

$P-Ritch$
04-06-2011, 7:46 PM
It doesn't seem to add any additional back pressure to me. It defintely directs the muzzle blast out and forward compared to an A2 that shoots it all up in front of your front sight.

hatidua
04-06-2011, 7:47 PM
How much more backpressure are you thinking it will create in a 16" barrel. Also rifle has a selector switch for running a supressor. I wonder it I used in mode I would use with a real suppressor would decrease backpressure.

Remember, size, weight are not a concern. This is a temporary fix until I get a suppressor.

The KX3 will run just fine on a 16" barrel - gas switched or not. I've swapped mine between 10.5"/16" with no problems at all (and I only have a Switchblock on the 10.5"). It is VERY good at projecting sound forward rather than surround-sound.

In terms of perceived sound to the shooter, my 10.5" with the flaming-pig is quieter than my 16" with an A2 cage on it.