PDA

View Full Version : Local gunsmith referrals?

thefitter
04-06-2011, 4:46 PM
These are some smiths local to me. Has anyone here had any experience with any of them?

Stu Harvey

Jim Ketchum

Anthony Pettiti

Bongos
04-06-2011, 6:26 PM
where is your location? what specific firearm?

thefitter
04-06-2011, 7:13 PM
where is your location? what specific firearm?

east bay

I need a .308 REM 700 TACTICAL re-barreled with a Hart HV.

I have a reamer coming from PT&G.

Switchbarrel
04-07-2011, 1:37 AM
I haven't had any work done by them personally but I shoot with lots of guys that have had work done by Stu Harvey and a couple by Anthony Pettiti. All the work I've seen done by both has been on long range benchrest rifles. Both do top notch metal work. Stu's won quite a few relay's himself with rifles he's built. Don't know the other fella mentioned.

-Rick

thefitter
04-07-2011, 5:53 AM
I haven't had any work done by them personally but I shoot with lots of guys that have had work done by Stu Harvey and a couple by Anthony Pettiti. All the work I've seen done by both has been on long range benchrest rifles. Both do top notch metal work. Stu's won quite a few relay's himself with rifles he's built. Don't know the other fella mentioned.

-Rick

Thank you

Bongos
04-08-2011, 2:16 PM
Though not local, I would send it to R&D Precision in Glendora, Randy does excellent work and fair on prices, even with shipping you will come up ahead!

6mmintl
04-08-2011, 3:46 PM
Jim Ketchum rebarreled an ruger # 1 for me with a new takeoff Rem 700 varmint takeoff barrel and it is still a honest .3/8" MOA rifle.

Also did a Rem 700 target rifle and many rifles for my friend Ed Estep (now deceased) with top shelf workmanship.

I have seen some of Anthony Pettiti's work on a sported 98 mauser and I had to correct a few areas of his work.

ronin16
04-15-2011, 1:40 PM
Spartan Precision Rifles
Concord CA

He shoots out at Sac Valley Shooting Center and have seen a lot of his rigs do well out there on the 1K line.

killshot44
04-15-2011, 1:57 PM
Spartan Precision Rifles
Concord CA

He shoots out at Sac Valley Shooting Center and have seen a lot of his rigs do well out there on the 1K line.

Marc Soule owns Spartan and does EXCELLENT work. Wooger here has a 7SAUM he built and it's a laser.
He's built a number of competition rifles for some guys in the NCPPRC.

He's very near Phantom Finishing, convenient to have Todd put a paint job or cerakote on it.

MarcS
04-27-2011, 8:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Todd and I are actually in the same building. We are two seperate companies in the same space and that works out pretty well.

Marc

tpowers
04-28-2011, 7:22 AM
Marc will build you a phenomenal build. His attention to detail and the level of precision that his lathe has is awesome. With the two of us being in the same building it creates a very convenient one stop shop for all your precision rifle needs.

707electrician
04-28-2011, 7:58 AM
Spartan Precision Rifles
Concord CA

This