PDA

View Full Version : I wish...

TiMe_1
04-06-2011, 3:08 PM
Some of these vendors I've looked at for an upper had some in stock!!

Is it panic buying time again or what?!? Rifle gear is out of their 16" midlength uppers and forget about BCM. EVERYTHING I've looked at says out of stock! LOL

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH I just want to buy an upper in the configuration I want and cant! HAHAHA

Rant over... :D

MODS: Feel free to move this if its in the wrong section! ;)

shooterdude
04-06-2011, 3:13 PM
Don't worry, they will have more soon.

emptybottle151
04-06-2011, 3:15 PM
Ya I've ordered a stock block and a BB 3 weeks ago still waiting...:( and yes I contacted them their still waiting to re-supply.

Vanilla Gorilla
04-06-2011, 3:25 PM
lol every gun shop i have been to has had uppers in stock

TiMe_1
04-06-2011, 3:27 PM

Dont get me wrong, theres uppers available but im tryin to buy this once with the parts I want on it. Rifle gear said they could do it as soon as they get their barrels in...

iskra31
04-06-2011, 3:28 PM
I think a lot of "online" vendors are out of stock on uppers.

shooterdude
04-06-2011, 3:32 PM

They all have the generic stuff available. If you want a midlength gas system 16" barrel on anything....go fish....

themailman
04-06-2011, 3:33 PM
So, buy a carbine length. Sheesh.

oni
04-06-2011, 3:33 PM
Tax Return Season

Vanilla Gorilla
04-06-2011, 3:37 PM
They all have the generic stuff available. If you want a midlength gas system 16" barrel on anything....go fish....

the shop here in lodi has a 16" midlength gas system upper in stock i was there yesterday on my lunch

TiMe_1
04-06-2011, 3:40 PM

Thats what im looking for, nothing out there.

Please explain the difference between the two. Ive been told that mid length is the way to go but thats just a few opinions ive heard. Not tryin to start a debate over it

shooterdude
04-06-2011, 3:44 PM

Yeah, but everyone on the Internet says mid-length is better so that's what I HAVE to buy;-)

Agustav
04-06-2011, 3:48 PM
Yeah, but everyone on the Internet says mid-length is better so that's what I HAVE to buy;-)

Rifle length is where it at... Longer is always better! :43:

themailman
04-06-2011, 3:51 PM
Thats what im looking for, nothing out there.

Please explain the difference between the two. Ive been told that mid length is the way to go but thats just a few opinions ive heard. Not tryin to start a debate over it

I have BCM Midlength, works fine. I have an LMT Carbine, works fine. How about that.

Droppin Deuces
04-06-2011, 4:12 PM
I have BCM Midlength, works fine. I have an LMT Carbine, works fine. How about that.

But Costa and Haley don't use carbines...

AeroEngi
04-06-2011, 4:34 PM
Rifle length is where it at... Longer is always better! :43:

Are you compensating for something? :D

Carbines are just as good as mid-lengths IMHO.

Agustav
04-07-2011, 9:10 AM
Are you compensating for something? :D

Carbines are just as good as mid-lengths IMHO.

I like my "parts" to match in size... :43:

TiMe_1
04-07-2011, 1:25 PM

HAHA that works!

Is the difference just the gas system and how long it is?

SIGSHOOTR
04-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Ive been told that mid length is the way to go but thats just a few opinions ive heard. Not tryin to start a debate over it

I pulled the trigger on a DD M4V2-- waiting my 10 days now and I pick her up from Riflegear next week. With all the "debate" (especially on the internet) about midlength vs. carbine, I went in to Riflegear since they got the V3 midlength in stock to see if I should switch. Hefting both weapons, the carbine just felt better in my hands. It's the weapon I used when I was in (although it was called a CAR 15 back then) and it felt more comfortable for me to manipulate (which is probably more psychological since they both are 16")-- for some reason, the midlength just felt awkward to me. Midlength seems to be the "IT" gun of the moment, but I'm not sure how valid the pros are for me (I don't see any of my military or LE pals clamoring to get rid of their carbines for midlength). I don't need the extra rail space since all I plan to mount is a light and the recoil of a carbine was never an issue for me (from what I hear, it's a negligible difference anyway). The longer sight plane (I'm mounting an Eotech 516 optic) isn't an issue-- most of my shooting with this gun will be done at 100 yards or less. As for increased wear and tear, I really doubt I'll be putting so many rounds through it that it will even be an issue. Carbine has been good enough for the military and LE all these years-- it's what I carried and so it's good enough for me.