PDA

View Full Version : "90%" disappears from news stories

vantec08
04-06-2011, 10:34 AM
http://www.ammoland.com/2011/04/05/90-of-guns-number-disappears-from-news-stories/

GSwain
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Interesting article, I think one of the house people, Issa, is launching some kind of investigation into the gunwalker thing. Its a shame stories like this don't make it into the mainstream media though, nice find.

Vacaville
04-06-2011, 10:47 AM
I was just in Mexico for a couple of weeks. In discussions of the violence occurring down there, several Mexican citizens said that nearly all of the cartel guns come from the US. Their media is perpetuating these bogus claims too.

BakerPD
04-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Wikileaks is EVIL these leaks are damaging to the integrity of daddy and mommy government

/sarcasm

rabagley
04-06-2011, 1:00 PM
It's a bitter thing to hear that your own military and police are supplying the drug cartels with most of their guns. You'd probably get a very hostile response if you were to stand up in the local town hall with a chart showing exactly where most of the seized guns really came from.

I also suspect that if someone in the Mexican media was actually to document the real sources of cartel guns and possibly get those pathways shut down, they'd be taking a huge risk with their lives. That kind of truth just might get you killed.

vantec08
04-06-2011, 2:42 PM
I was just in Mexico for a couple of weeks. In discussions of the violence occurring down there, several Mexican citizens said that nearly all of the cartel guns come from the US. Their media is perpetuating these bogus claims too.

yea, but the invasion is still on.

tiki
04-06-2011, 3:22 PM
Not only has the false statistic disappeared, the entire Mexican drug war has gone the way of the dinosaur. Could it be that the scandalous AFT Project Gunwalker, an operation that allowed illegal sales north of the boarder, is keeping the story from the public conscience?

Seriously?

evil tyler durden
04-06-2011, 3:35 PM
In this situation, America just needs to have a total revolution and take over the government. Destroy all houses of political rule and start from scratch. Because of this BS it is likely we WILL BE GOING TO WAR WITH MEXICO in the very near future. Better be careful considering California is a haven for their starting point of attack as the law abiding citizens are less likely to be armed as they are in Texas & Arizona. Perfect proof why I HATE OUR GOVERNMENT AND CONGRESS. They only look out for their stupid selves, not what is best for us the people.

kcbrown
04-06-2011, 4:59 PM
From the article:

The leaked State Department documents, along with Project Gunwalker paint a picture of an administration that is either exceptionally devious or totally clueless. The devious model shows an executive branch that is manipulating and hiding information to make the United States an equal partner in evil when it comes to Mexican drug smuggling. The mainstream media, which has gone from a covert to an overt supporter of President Obama, would naturally want to kill this view.

The alternative view is almost as damning: the administration, from the very top positions, doesn’t have control over the bureaucracy. If the President is to be believed, middle management created and implemented Project Gunwalker without the knowledge of the Attorney General or the Secretary of State. And yet the blowback from Gunwalker has international implications that have strained U.S./Mexican relations. This alternative doesn’t fit the view that President Obama is a hands-on, hard working genius who carefully mulls over all contingencies with the precision of a logic professor.

When you're talking about governments, never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice.

Which is to say: I fully expect the government here is intentionally fueling the drug "war" in order to justify the expansion of government powers to levels well beyond those it has already attained. The Bush administration did the same thing. In neither case do those involved act on behalf of the people, and this problem is independent of whichever major party is in power, since both really want the same thing and both are opposed to individual liberty.

We've lost the republic, but there is nothing to do but to fight as if we haven't (not fighting is surely worse).

Purple K
04-06-2011, 7:32 PM
The Cartels buy their weapons in bulk from corrupt elements of Southern and Central American governments. It's Mexico's southern border that is the entry point

Bhobbs
04-06-2011, 7:36 PM
The Cartels buy their weapons in bulk from corrupt elements of Southern and Central American governments. It's Mexico's southern border that is the entry point

Or Mexico itself. I wonder how many of those American traced weapons were sold to the Mexican military