PDA

View Full Version : Stossel's take on IL gun permit law

vantec08
04-06-2011, 10:29 AM
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2011/04/06/gun_owners_have_a_right_to_privacy

the closing question says it all

Pixs
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Nice

voiceofreason
04-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Did anyone else see his piece on homeless that aren't?

I was caught completely off guard with the make-up job & costuming they did with him. I was fooled and taken TOTALLY.

Just like I did with Obama. Still waiting for that Hopey/Changey thing... :(

woodsman
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Another example of the abuse that can take place with mandatory registration of firearms.

I like that the point was made about if your name is not on the list, you DON'T have a gun.

dfletcher
04-06-2011, 1:21 PM
Whether it's true or not I like this fellow's comment:

"Illinois politicians don't think this is an invasion of privacy, but I asked for a list of all politicians and public employees sorted by how they are related to one another. I want to know how many Madigan relatives are collecting a paycheck from The State of Illinois, as well as all others working for the state who are related to one another. Can't get the information - invasion of privacy."

N6ATF
04-06-2011, 1:32 PM
Is that something they even track? It would be one thing to give you a list of all with the Madigan surname, but they might not necessarily be related. I think it would require them to invade all state employees' privacy by doing DNA testing to find all who share familial markers with Madigan.

hoffmang
04-06-2011, 8:49 PM
If any state does actually take the step of releasing basic gun ownership information, I'm going to compile the "Rob Me" database and publish iPhone and Android applications.

Anyone with a smartphone can download the app and find the nearest residential address without a gun!

Brady/VPC/LCAV - be very, very careful what you wish for... You just might get it.

This way we'll cut down on the number of bad guys who get shot!

-Gene

N6ATF
04-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Would that be assisted by the DMA database or something? Just run an exclude on all the (few) registered gun owners.

hoffmang
04-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Would that be assisted by the DMA database or something? Just run an exclude on all the (few) registered gun owners.

TIGER Census data. You'd be amazed at what datasets are freely available.

-Gene

N6ATF
04-07-2011, 1:08 AM
Sounds like something my dad would access in the course of his genealogy research.

woodsman
04-07-2011, 8:56 AM
If any state does actually take the step of releasing basic gun ownership information, I'm going to compile the "Rob Me" database and publish iPhone and Android applications.

Anyone with a smartphone can download the app and find the nearest residential address without a gun!

Brady/VPC/LCAV - be very, very careful what you wish for... You just might get it.

This way we'll cut down on the number of bad guys who get shot!

-Gene

Just made me spill my coffee.:eek:

Always good to start the day with a laugh. :D