PDA

View Full Version : Could Nationwide CC ever happen in the future?

Window_Seat
04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
With CC legislation recently being passed in Arizona & Wyoming, and attempted in CO, would you, or would you not say that it could happen within the next 10 years? The kind I'm referring to is NOT a national Congressional measure, but individual states deciding, or being forced by a decision in the courts. "Nationwide", as opposed to "National", & U.S. Territories as well.

I'm very optimistic about RKBA efforts here in CA, and with Nordyke inching closer to a decision, most probably in our favor, I'm even more optimistic that states (mainly CA & HI) in our Circuit, as well as others in different regions, begin to not only recognize the right, but begin to recognize it by throwing out the permission slip requirement.

Before anyone laughs... Well, nevermind, go ahead and laugh, I once laughed... Think about the possibility... I say it's a possibility, and you never know. We might need another big 2A case in the USSC to decide once again that our right is not only fundamental, and that Heller & McDonald is still alive & well, but that it also protects our right both inside & outside the home.

It's taken probably over 20 years (probably longer) to get 40 states to go SI, and once something gets going, and gets stronger along the way, it seems to pick up horsepower, especially with more strategic support.

Peterson could bring us a positive result in CO, and CA10 could help us even more with that kind of effort. Someday, the permission slip system could be thrown out, if argued in the right posture, no? Not possible? It might be constitutionally permissible to have a permit/license system, but the Second Amendment was once, a dead letter in our Circuit, and is now alive, and kicking hard & busting down doors. :cool:

It's important to, once again, remember that it's just as much a right as having a political discussion with our neighbor on the sidewalk & popping off about how much our Government sucks.

So with this progress we have been making, could it happen? Remember, again... Our right to keep and bear Arms is stronger than it has been in a very long time.

Please vote.

Erik.

Connor P Price
04-06-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't see nationwide Constitutional Carry happening any time soon if at all.

Nationwide CCW reciprocity could happen relatively soon, but I imagine there will be a permitting structure for the foreseeable future.

glockman19
04-06-2011, 10:48 AM
If it happens it will happen sooner than later.

stix213
04-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Shall issue CCW will be found by the courts as sufficient to satisfy the bear side of the 2A, so most states will stick to that. I give national constitutional carry a 1% chance of happening in my lifetime.

Crom
04-06-2011, 11:32 AM
With CC legislation recently being passed in Arizona & Wyoming, and attempted in CO, would you, or would you not say that it could happen within the next 10 years?

No. I don't think it will happen and not without the support of state legislators. My guess is never.

I'm very optimistic about RKBA efforts here in CA, and with Nordyke inching closer to a decision, most probably in our favor,

I hope we get a win in Nordyke, but I remain very skeptical. I believe we have the right to acquire, but I don't know if the right extends to "acquire arms on county owned property."

I'm even more optimistic that states (mainly CA & HI) in our Circuit, as well as others in different regions, begin to not only recognize the right, but begin to recognize it by throwing out the permission slip requirement.

I am not sure about this. I speculate that it depends on how the courts and attorneys fighting for our civil rights help shape the right with each case setting precedent. I feel that fees to own in the home may be at risk of being shot down but maybe not for a license to carry.

It's taken probably over 20 years (probably longer) to get 40 states to go SI, and once something gets going, and gets stronger along the way, it seems to pick up horsepower, especially with more strategic support.

Peterson could bring us a positive result in CO, and CA10 could help us even more with that kind of effort. Someday, the permission slip system could be thrown out, if argued in the right posture, no? Not possible? It might be constitutionally permissible to have a permit/license system, but the Second Amendment was once, a dead letter in our Circuit, and is now alive, and kicking hard & busting down doors. :cool:

Good point. It depends on how far the pendulum can swing. Take people shooting, win those hearts and minds! :)