PDA

View Full Version : Friend Moving Out of Country & No Time to PPT 1911...

aermotor
04-05-2011, 5:53 PM
Friend is moving out of the country unexpectedly and doesn't have time to do a PPT so I'm wondering what if any options I have. Does a Vol Reg work in this case or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks!

dantodd
04-05-2011, 5:56 PM
Make the time. It is less than an hour. No, a volreg is not an acceptable alternative, otherwise no one would dros.

aermotor
04-05-2011, 5:59 PM
Roger that. Thank you.

stix213
04-05-2011, 6:04 PM
He just has to go to the gun store once. Stop on the way to the airport. Seller doesn't have to personally wait the 10 days.

Munk
04-05-2011, 6:25 PM
He just has to go to the gun store once. Stop on the way to the airport. Seller doesn't have to personally wait the 10 days.

seriously. The seller can show up, fill out the paperwork and book it. I think it would actually be shorter than if he just sold the gun to the shop and ran.

Whenever I see "Guy is leaving unexpectedly and doesn't have the time to go through a relatively short legal process", it always screams of.... shenanigans, one way or another.

Hopefully your friend isn't having any real problems like that.

aermotor
04-05-2011, 6:31 PM
Negative on the shenanigans, just have to drag him there.

stix213
04-05-2011, 6:34 PM
Negative on the shenanigans, just have to drag him there.

Glad he is getting rid of his gun then, cause he doesn't sound very responsible. Tell him random anonymous interweb dude said that.

If he's unwilling still to transfer it legally you should stay the hell away from that firearm for your own sake.

aermotor
04-05-2011, 6:41 PM
Nah he's legit it's a very last minute spurt to travel since he's tied down to anything. He's on the and up and up and is legal, just wondering is all. Making him make time and he's good for it since I'm taking care of most of it.