PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Roughs BLM land in Napa

pilotimb
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Has anyone ever shot at this BLM land right near Lake Berryessa?

http://www.blm.gov/ca/ukiah/cedarroughs.html

I went with several friends to Panoche Hills for the first time last saturday and had a great time, however I'd love to find some land closer to the bay area.

metalhead357
11-06-2006, 6:47 PM
No that specific spot.....there are a couple areas up there that people I've worked with that go up to the north end of the lake to 4x4 and to turkey hunt. Lettme track down one of them and I'll report back if I can. I went to one area up there but the name's eluding me right now.

SKSPOWER650
11-23-2006, 9:58 PM
Sounds Good Let Us Know

Turbinator
11-28-2006, 2:11 AM
I went with several friends to Panoche Hills for the first time last saturday and had a great time, however I'd love to find some land closer to the bay area.

Please tell me (honestly) that you guys cleaned up after yourselves, including picking up your brass and other doo-dads.

Turby

pilotimb
11-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Please tell me (honestly) that you guys cleaned up after yourselves, including picking up your brass and other doo-dads.

Turby

We packed out everything we shot (we might have missed a few .22 cases, you asked for honesty). One of my friends who went also joined you guys on the cleanup effort. We have just as much interest in keeping the area open as you and we understand irresponsible actions by the shooting community will result in a negative backlash for all.

till44
11-28-2009, 8:49 PM
Sorry for bringing back an old thread. But does anyone have any experience with shooting at Cedar Roughs or for any other shooting areas near/around Berryessa?

cortayack
11-28-2009, 10:20 PM
I've been looking too.....Not to far from my home..

westcoastr
11-29-2009, 6:55 AM
I've been to cedar many times, it is not a good shooting place. there is a small slice of land that crosses from the road to a huge uphill hike. once on top there is some open areas but not really worth the effort.

cow mountain blm has a range (out to 600m i think)

till44
11-29-2009, 8:32 PM
I've been to cedar many times, it is not a good shooting place. there is a small slice of land that crosses from the road to a huge uphill hike. once on top there is some open areas but not really worth the effort.

cow mountain blm has a range (out to 600m i think)

Where is Cow Mountain?

westcoastr
12-02-2009, 7:18 AM
cow mountain BLM area, east of Ukiah. the range is in the northern unit.

otherwise you could join the long range club in Sacramento, i forget the name but you can easily find it