PDA

View Full Version : PANOCHE TRIP IN Dec-Jan

the_lynch_family
11-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if you guys that came out to the BLM clean up day and any others would like to set up a day of shooting.

PANOCHE TRIP January 27th

cnyankee
11-06-2006, 12:41 PM
im game. i just dont know what my days off are until early dec....they change every 3 months

edwardm
11-06-2006, 1:36 PM
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if you guys that came out to the BLM clean up day and any others would like to set up a day of shooting in late December or early January. I figure with the holidays coming it may be hard for some to fit this into there schedule. Lets try to set up a date that we can agree on. In December I have 22nd - 26th off. In January I can go anytime. I am just trying to get a feel if theres any interest in going. Right now Its myself and three others.

I'd be interested in going.

BigMac
11-06-2006, 8:52 PM
No, not me. You guys are no fun to shoot with ;)

If I'm not working you can count me in.

You aught to try to make it to the After Turkey Day shoot. I'm going to put a sign in the door tomarow stating Irvington Arms is closed that day..

Now I just have to get some dang .308 worked up so I can shoot my M1A there. I'll probably be leaving the 1919 @ home LOL yeh right.

No rapid fire on there range but if you get that scope mount worked out your 1919 is an accurate beast.

the_lynch_family
11-06-2006, 9:52 PM
hmm, I will think about going to that shoot also. Kind of doubt it though. I may change my mind if I can find some south african ammo though. I have a little but I was saving it for the M1A and Panoche. Our 1919's should be eating 8mm by thanks giving. I figure to have at least 3K of 8mm so everyone can enjoy the 1919 this time at panoche. Since it was my first time shooting it last time I kind of lost my mind and hogged the trigger time.LOL. I went to scotts valley club last wednesday and was shooting at paper targets at 100 yrds and it got borring real fast. I got spoiled at Panoche shooting 250 plus yards with the M1A , etc was awsome. I sure hope you can make it.

P.S, Can you shoot at a gong there. How far is there rifle range. I think its 100yrds? anyone?? I dont think that will be a safe distance though?

No, not me. You guys are no fun to shoot with ;)

If I'm not working you can count me in.

You aught to try to make it to the After Turkey Day shoot. I'm going to put a sign in the door tomarow stating Irvington Arms is closed that day..

Now I just have to get some dang .308 worked up so I can shoot my M1A there. I'll probably be leaving the 1919 @ home LOL yeh right.

No rapid fire on there range but if you get that scope mount worked out your 1919 is an accurate beast.

Turbinator
11-07-2006, 7:19 AM
I may be able to make it out there during the last week of Dec, although if the weather is rainy, I wouldn't want to go..

Turby

BigMac
11-07-2006, 7:22 AM
Turby, If I go I setup tarps to shoot under. I'm up for wet weather. I just wouldn't want to shoot for only an afternoon. If I have to setup a "camp" I want to take my time and really do some shooting.

No gongs at Chabot. No reactive targets period.

Lots of cool folks and great food though. The event is more about a social occasion than shooting.

the_lynch_family
11-07-2006, 8:16 AM
I wouldnt mind a little rain sprinkle myself. Keep all the dust down. I will just setup the popup tarp like before and add an extra tarp to it if needed. We plan on getting there about 8:00am so we have at least a good 8-9 hours to screwing around. I am even up for camping out the night before.Although not being able to build a fire really sucks.

Turby, If I go I setup tarps to shoot under. I'm up for wet weather. I just wouldn't want to shoot for only an afternoon. If I have to setup a "camp" I want to take my time and really do some shooting.

No gongs at Chabot. No reactive targets period.

Lots of cool folks and great food though. The event is more about a social occasion than shooting.

VeryCoolCat
11-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Who decided to name the place Panoche... you all know what that means right?

Rascal
11-10-2006, 2:38 PM
Yes we do. Panoche or more correctly panocha is a candy made from brown sugar. You can find it in any Mexican food store.

ivanimal
11-15-2006, 8:33 AM
I am up for the shoot just remember it will more than likely be coooooold in Dec-Jan.

the_lynch_family
11-15-2006, 2:40 PM
Can any of you make it on JAN 6th.

BigMac
11-15-2006, 6:59 PM
Cmon Ivan, cold. How could it be cold :D

I like the cold.... no bugs :cool:

the_lynch_family
11-15-2006, 7:33 PM
LOL, thats reminds me of the clean up day. I must have ate like 30 little nats in my samich.LOL
Cmon Ivan, cold. How could it be cold :D

I like the cold.... no bugs :cool:

Turbinator
11-28-2006, 2:15 AM
LOL, thats reminds me of the clean up day. I must have ate like 30 little nats in my samich.LOL

You too, huh? I thought it was just me who was getting attacked by those pesky little bugs.

By the way, I think you're right - a little rain keeps the dust from kicking up. Good thinking! As long as there's not a downpour and we get stuck in the mud...

Turby

the_lynch_family
11-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Right now I would like to go on January 27th. I have two for this date so far. This give us plenty of time to round up some ammo. If this date doesnt work for you guys let us know.

Bigmac or anyone else.
I need some 308 nato for the M1A. Got any for sale or know of anyone who does. I need at least 500 rounds.

Cesar G.
11-28-2006, 3:46 PM
count me in sounds like fun