View Full Version : 10/22 auto bolt mod, need help

04-03-2011, 9:59 PM
Who's done the auto bolt mod? I bought the Volquartsen auto bolt mod and I'm sure I put something back in the wrong place but looking at exploded diagrams and a few youtube video's I can't seem to find where I went wrong. After I put the new part in and assemble the rifle back the bolt will go back but won't release in any way. The only way I've been able to get the bolt to release is to remove the trigger assembly from the receiver.

Anybody in the San Gabriel area willing to help me out? I'd be happy to buy you lunch or a 12 pack of liquid refreshments of your choice or something else that we can work out.

04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Take some pictures of the trigger group. Perhaps we'll be able to figure it out just by looking at it. Maybe a part is jammed somewhere it's not supposed to be. One thing I can think of that flops around is the ejector. Not sure that it could get stuck anywhere, but anything's possible.

04-03-2011, 10:06 PM
See if the bolt release is touching the mag release anywhere...I had to take a razorblade to my mag release to keep it from putting pressure on the bolt stop and keeping it from auto-releasing.

04-03-2011, 11:02 PM
look it up on youtube.. plenty of vid that show how to.