PDA

View Full Version : CDL and CCW.

Barkoff
04-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Will a CCW show when your CDL is run during a traffic stop?

epilepticninja
04-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Not that I know of, but it's been a spell since I was pounding the streets. I'm not sure if CCW holders are put into CLETS or NCIC and cross-ref'd against their CDL's these days.

SVT-40
04-03-2011, 11:00 PM
No.

Quiet
04-04-2011, 1:07 AM
Since March 2009, issuing agencies have been adding CCW permit holders info onto AFS, which is available via CLETS.

So, if the LEO ran your info through AFS during a traffic stop, he/she would know if you have a valid CCW permit.

But, there really should be no reason why a LEO would run your info through AFS for a routine traffic stop.

Automated Firearms System Modifications
In March 2009, the BOF worked with local law enforcement to implement modifications to the Carry Concealed Weapons (CCW) entries in the Automated Firearms System (AFS). These modifications now allow the CCW expiration date, as set or modified by the issuing law enforcement agency, to be displayed in the AFS CCW record query results screen. CCW records are automatically removed from the AFS record query results screen 90 days after the CCW permit expiration date. These improvements will assist law enforcement agencies to quickly determine the status of CCW permits by providing accurate and up-to-date information.

MrClamperSir
04-04-2011, 1:22 AM
Apparently some shall issue counties attach it to your registration.

In my county, CCW shows up connected to vehicle registration......The SO came up ......On the radio, he ran my license plate and the return was my name, address, and that I am a current CCW holder.