PDA

View Full Version : WTB Garand barrel

FatKatMatt
11-05-2006, 10:57 PM
I'll be needing a Garand barrel when my parts kit arrives from Sarco, looking for one under $50 with a TE of less than 4. The outside finish doesn't really matter that much.

metalhead357
11-06-2006, 1:08 AM
hmmmmm, not for $50 that I've seen unless you're talking one with Both ME and TE above 5+...and then why install it? Or better yet...why even buy it?

Go the distance, Get a wilson or Criton (sp?) barrel...yeah it'll cost you more but will be worth it. IIRC the Wilsons come in the white but the Criton come parked......... ((Somebody verify this?????))

NeoWeird
11-06-2006, 2:06 AM
I think you can get one of those Criterion M1 barrels for like $150 with a dealer discount from Midway. Probably your best bet for a 'cheap' new barrel.

tteng
11-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Fatkat.. Give this guy a call. Frank Ambruso (in Redwood city, SF bay area) 650-363-1651. He has a M1 barrel for sale couple wks ago on craigslist for $50 (w/o shipping). I paid him a visit for a WTB, and saw his gears. All I can say he's a serious U.S mil.rifle smith/shooter (i.e. match rifles, reload equip, lath...) I saw his match-built Garand, glass-bedded and everything. Friendly as hell. If you're close, you might even visit him and get a point a two about your Garand project.

coop44
07-01-2009, 9:22 AM
I had one but I used it as a pry bar and bent it, seriously.