View Full Version : WTB Garand barrel

11-05-2006, 9:57 PM
I'll be needing a Garand barrel when my parts kit arrives from Sarco, looking for one under $50 with a TE of less than 4. The outside finish doesn't really matter that much.

11-06-2006, 12:08 AM
hmmmmm, not for $50 that I've seen unless you're talking one with Both ME and TE above 5+...and then why install it? Or better yet...why even buy it?

Go the distance, Get a wilson or Criton (sp?) barrel...yeah it'll cost you more but will be worth it. IIRC the Wilsons come in the white but the Criton come parked......... ((Somebody verify this?????))

11-06-2006, 1:06 AM
I think you can get one of those Criterion M1 barrels for like $150 with a dealer discount from Midway. Probably your best bet for a 'cheap' new barrel.

11-07-2006, 9:13 AM
Fatkat.. Give this guy a call. Frank Ambruso (in Redwood city, SF bay area) 650-363-1651. He has a M1 barrel for sale couple wks ago on craigslist for $50 (w/o shipping). I paid him a visit for a WTB, and saw his gears. All I can say he's a serious U.S mil.rifle smith/shooter (i.e. match rifles, reload equip, lath...) I saw his match-built Garand, glass-bedded and everything. Friendly as hell. If you're close, you might even visit him and get a point a two about your Garand project.

07-01-2009, 8:22 AM
I had one but I used it as a pry bar and bent it, seriously.