PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia PD SGT threatens to shoot lawful Open Carrier then eats crow

Liberty1
04-03-2011, 5:36 AM
Warning foul public servant language used...aka East Coast charm...

Z-vUYeJXSrA

Then go to 06:00 below:

IIu1_ieuzS0

Keep in mind Loaded Open Carry is a right in PA. In Philadelphia only however a state license to carry firearms is required for open carry.

Santa Cruz Armory
04-03-2011, 6:37 AM
John Q. Public, educating LEOs on the laws they're sworn to uphold. :rolleyes:

jnojr
04-03-2011, 6:44 AM
"Ignorance of the law is no excuse". Unless your job is to know the law... then you cannot possibly be expected to know it, it's too complex, allowances must be made, mistakes will happen, oh well.

Bobula
04-03-2011, 6:56 AM
"Ignorance of the law is no excuse". Unless your job is to know the law... then you cannot possibly be expected to know it, it's too complex, allowances must be made, mistakes will happen, oh well.

so sad, yet so true

Bobula
04-03-2011, 6:57 AM
also there's an amazing lack of professionalism with the two initial responding officers.

cdtx2001
04-03-2011, 6:58 AM
Gotta love that east coast charm. Isn't Philly the city of brotherly love?

Anyhow, hope the guy's complaint actually goes somewhere.

Bert Gamble
04-03-2011, 8:01 AM
It is sad that the police normaly get away with this type of behavior. They catch hell for shooting a bad guy, but abusing an honest citizen is pretty okay.

Sad, sad, sad.

Funtimes
04-03-2011, 9:23 AM
I hope he owns those guys in court. Good on him for having the voice recorders, and them threatening him with deadly force.

The Shadow
04-03-2011, 9:48 AM

Maybe if more people pointed out how stupid law enforcement sounds when they say stuff like this, they may stop saying it. Or not.

Bt Doctur
04-03-2011, 9:56 AM
and in the city of Brotherly Love, go figure

CABilly
04-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Something's wrong with our nation's apple supply.

On a lighter note, can anyone spot the "WTF" in this screen capture?

killmime1234
04-03-2011, 10:17 AM

Um, I'm gonna go with the severely random "Rebecca Black" music video in the "suggestions" section.

galekowitz
04-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Rebecca Black is deeply involved in the open carry movement.

uyoga
04-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Some of these fellows need to deposit their ego in a box in their locker as they pin on their badge prior to leaving the station on their way to protect and serve.

pointedstick
04-03-2011, 11:05 AM

It's fri-i-i-i-i-day, fri-i-i-i-i-day!

Veggie
04-03-2011, 11:08 AM
*******s.

Blackhawk556
04-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Wow that cop must have felt $ tupid once he heard people were allowed to OP =). You think next time he'll pull out his weapon and react the same way? ;-) Is this what were going to put up with if OP is accepted as the way of carrying a firearm?

Veggie
04-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Wow that cop must have felt $ tupid once he heard people were allowed to OP =). You think next time he'll pull out his weapon and react the same way? ;-) Is this what were going to put up with if OP is accepted as the way of carrying a firearm?

Open Pistoling?

gunsmith
04-03-2011, 11:20 AM
when did this happen?

pitchbaby
04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
YIKES

SGT Loco
04-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Favorite comment- "Do you know how to submit..."

"No, that's alright, I'm just going to take it straight down to your internal affairs office." :D

bodger
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't set one foot in Philly for any reason. It's a craphole and the police there are thugs. And obviously don't know the laws of their own city.

Window_Seat
04-03-2011, 12:41 PM
And we all thought LPD was jumping out of their bat soup when Walter went out for a dog walk... :laugh:

Erik.

J.D.Allen
04-03-2011, 7:08 PM
I'm not going to post what I think about this. I did last time this video was posted and it got the thread deleted. :mad:

753X0
04-03-2011, 8:04 PM
I sure hope this guy is half as well informed as he sounds...he should be able to sell large parcels of Philly, soon.

What a bunch of unmitigated Adam Henry's.

Joe
04-03-2011, 8:12 PM

Hahahahaha awesome

CalBear
04-03-2011, 8:17 PM
That's the part that bugs me most. Laws are made purposely complex and vague these days to, in my opinion, trick law abiding folks into becoming "criminals." It's hard for us to know the laws and stay within them at all times. When we don't, we still get the book thrown at us, and we're told ignorance is no excuse. And yet when professionals in the justice system, whether attorneys or officers, make mistakes or perform illegal acts themselves in dealing with a case, very little ever seems to come of it.

InGrAM
04-03-2011, 8:27 PM
Ugh.... Does the cop say he will not give him his recorder back at 5:40 of the second video? and then say "No, no you are not recording this"..? It is hard to make out.

SGT Loco
04-03-2011, 8:46 PM
Ugh.... Does the cop say he will not give him his recorder back at 5:40 of the second video? and then say "No, no you are not recording this"..? It is hard to make out.

I'm pretty sure I heard something to that effect. In the first tape the officer made it very clear he felt he was being "set up" by the guy with the recorder.

Window_Seat
04-03-2011, 8:46 PM
I went to the OCDO PA thread (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88392) on this incident, and one post (right after mine) struck me very interesting... The user mentions that the last time LEOs were acting this way at the sight of individuals exercising a right was when legal inter-racial relationships began.

If true, then how can it NOT be that all of the anti-RKBA movements have some significant racist element to it?

We know what made LOC illegal in CA. When was the last time a fundamental right was as severely burdened & infringed upon, and who was infringed against at the time here in CA? I would LOVE to challenge our state lawmakers to answer that question for us, but they won't answer truthfully, it wouldn't fit their racist agenda.

Erik.

Mulay El Raisuli
04-04-2011, 5:45 AM

Not for long.

The Raisuli

ubet
04-04-2011, 8:33 AM
Sad thing, that "cop" will probably get a promotion for that

cadurand
04-04-2011, 9:39 AM
45 minute detention to figure out no law was broken.

But this is yet another example of someone who says they don't consent to answering questions.. and then answers every question that is asked of him.

The way those cops were acting I'm sure was intimidating.

USMC VET
04-04-2011, 9:57 AM
Id be interested to see how this plays out in court...

Sniper3142
04-04-2011, 10:18 AM
These guys are obviously Thugs with Badges!

:mad:

I really want to know some specifics:

- When did this happen?
- What are the names of all the officers involved?
- What lawsuits / complaints have been filed against these cops?

Personally, I think they should all be FIRED! They threatened to Murder a Citizen (several times)! These people Should Not be wearing badges. They need to Go To Jail.

stix213
04-04-2011, 10:42 AM
When was the last time an officer had to face an open carrying criminal? Wyatt Earp?

jdberger
04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
He should have insisted in personally verifying the names and badge numbers.

jdberger
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Id be interested to see how this plays out in court...

It won't. They'll have another training session to minimize liability. Hopefully these guys won't sleep through this one.