PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPKs in 22LR

Ripon83
04-02-2011, 10:23 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=221461411#PIC

I have one in 10 day jail right now from our market place here, and it was hard to pay asking price for, but now I'm glad I did....I didn't think these would be 1k guns especially used.

Anyone know where I might get magazines for it?

jackandblood
04-03-2011, 12:08 AM
no but damn, that's pretty badass.

NSR500
04-03-2011, 12:56 AM
I have one and finding magazines is a pain in the rear. Best bet is gunbroker and to keep a sharp eye out on the various classifieds.
It's a great little gun, but it does pinch sometimes. With CCI blazers it runs 100%, but with cheap bulk pack stuff it tends to jam up after a while.

jackandblood
04-03-2011, 5:46 AM
I have one and finding magazines is a pain in the rear. Best bet is gunbroker and to keep a sharp eye out on the various classifieds.
It's a great little gun, but it does pinch sometimes. With CCI blazers it runs 100%, but with cheap bulk pack stuff it tends to jam up after a while.

Blazers are the bulk 525s arent they? And anti-obama was never cool, or if it was, enjoy your chi-lattes with the hipsters :D

8200rpm
04-03-2011, 1:45 PM
For general plinking, I'd take a PPK .22LR over any other rimfire pistol. Seems like a great kit gun.

Most currently available rimfire pistols are unnecessarily bulky for a .22 (MkIII, Buckmark, NEOS, 617) or airsoft garbage (P22, Mosquito, GSG1911).

The only one that's similar to the PPK is the Beretta 87 (not Target), but it's also pretty pricey at around $700.

NSR500
04-03-2011, 3:02 PM
Blazers are the bulk 525s arent they? And anti-obama was never cool, or if it was, enjoy your chi-lattes with the hipsters :D

Yeah, I meant the Mini-Mags. The ones that come in the plastic case. For some reason I was thinking Blazer last night. I have too many kinds of .22lr in my stash.

Blue Ridge Reef
04-03-2011, 3:46 PM
...or airsoft garbage (P22, Mosquito, GSG1911).

Why would you call these pistols garbage? My Mosquito was ammo picky, but I put 10K plus through it before giving it to my nephew. I still have a P22 with +/- 30K through her now. They're accurate enough, reliable, and in the case of my current P22, feeds anything even when hot and filthy. I got way over my $400 dollars worth with both of those purchases. So few people on the Internet have anything good to say about them; my experience with those pistols could not have been better.

Back on topic, I'd love to add a PPK in .22 to my collection. At 1K, it'll be way down the list, though!

Ripon83
04-03-2011, 3:51 PM
I don't know anything about Mosquito's (except they are hard to hit with anything but a 12 gauge j/k), P22 or GSG but the Ruger Mk pistols have always been good to me. I have a MkII that has probably 6 to 8 thousand rounds through it in almost 20 years. I've never had a problem with the thing - it eats almost any ammunition I put too it. I'm not sure what to expect from my PPk/s but I know to keep my hand low - I know that from the .380.

Ripon83
04-03-2011, 3:53 PM
By the way I'd love to add the Beretta to my group of 22's.....Ive always thought that was a sharp pistol....

Someone posted a question about 22 LR revolvers the other day - wondering why they are so darn expensive. I'm wondering why in general all the 22's are; especially if they have a cousin in a centerfire configuration? I mean you look at the Beretta, PPk/s, Colt Ace, Kimber 22, (all have centerfire cousins) and they are all darn expensive.