PDA

View Full Version : Safariland 6365 giving my Glock35 front sight a "hangnail".

Squid
04-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Safariland 6365 giving my Glock35 front sight a "hangnail".

After a few fairly vigorous practice draws the front sight has a "hangnail" on the right rear corner where it is getting nicked by the holster.

I figure I'll just remove that top guide from the holster and file a bevel(it comes with sharp right angle) where the front sight seems to be hitting.

Anything wrong with that, or am I drawing the gun completely wrong, and WTF doesn't this semi-custom(had to wait 6 weeks) top of the line holster already have a nice bevel on that part from the factory???

icedevil
04-02-2011, 1:55 PM
You have just figured out why many people replace the stock Glock plastic sights with metal aftermarket ones. I would get a new front sight and leave the holster alone.

supertrooper
04-02-2011, 3:38 PM
i have a few safariland holsters and they all have more than enough room for the sights. smoothing out the edges wont hurt anything. the plastic sights suck but they still shouldnt be hitting the holster. work on your draw, bring the gun up compleatly out of the holster befor bringing it forward. btw just because you had to wait for it its a production holster not a custom holster so dont expect that level of fit and finish.

Voo
04-02-2011, 5:05 PM
You have just figured out why many people replace the stock Glock plastic sights with metal aftermarket ones. I would get a new front sight and leave the holster alone.

+1

Glock OEM plastic sights just plain suck.. It's time to change them out..

Squid
04-02-2011, 8:57 PM
I'll poke around the web for after market Glock sights.

Noah3683
04-02-2011, 9:12 PM
That piece isn't beveled for a reason! The ALS locking mechanism catches the slide at the chamber area. I have this exact hoster for my P99 and if you bevel it, it will no longer work..... ask me how I know ;) Thankfully there is still the SLS hood for added retention. Also this is a normal production holster... regardless of your unfortunate wait time ;)

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-6365-als-level-ii-plus-w-drop-ubl-holster-plain-black-right-hand-6365-683.html