PDA

View Full Version : Heritage .22 - new 9 shot single action

RCJeeper
04-01-2011, 9:50 PM
Anyone have one of these? I really like/want a Ruger Single Six, but they're expensive. Comes with both cylinders,LR and magnum. The SS is an obviously high quality piece. A 9 shot single action is intriguing . . . and alot cheaper.

jackandblood
04-02-2011, 5:40 AM
these things were announced at least 1.5 years ago. At this point you can have your local FFL order one from Heritagemfg and pay MSRP. I have the heritage RR small bore 6 shot. Its my favorite piece (in a collection in centerfires and rimfires). Not the most accurate, but its a hellavua lot of gun for the 170 (turners sale). buy winchester dynapoints .22 mag, ~15 cents per shot but far more fun than 22lr IMO. Just dont expect to be dotting i's with it.

THe backstrap handles are clearly some decent grade aluminum, probably 6061, as is the rest of the body. Barrel and cylinder on the 6 shot are an ok semi-mild steel. I imagine on the 9 shot they use a high quality steel, 9 shots of 22 mag in such a small cylinder would demand it.

winetoad
04-02-2011, 6:09 PM
I looked at both of them. The Ruger Single Six Convertible just felt like a better gun. Not a toy. But the heritage price is pretty hard to beat. Ended up buying the Ruger. Check them both out before buying.

Mail Clerk
04-02-2011, 7:26 PM
Anyone have one of these? I really like/want a Ruger Single Six, but they're expensive. Comes with both cylinders,LR and magnum. The SS is an obviously high quality piece. A 9 shot single action is intriguing . . . and alot cheaper.

RCJeeper,

I have one that works fine to my standards. Of course it doesn't feel like a Ruger but for the shear price it can't be beat anywhere. I consider it to be a great companion to my backpack when hiking. The magnum cylinder is the best for power.

Mail Clerk

jimbos44
04-02-2011, 9:08 PM
I just picked up a rough rider from buds gunshop before the price went up. Gets ou of jail next Saturday. Picked it up for $135 + fees. gun source has good prices on 22mag ammo as well.

jackandblood
04-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I looked at both of them. The Ruger Single Six Convertible just felt like a better gun. Not a toy. But the heritage price is pretty hard to beat. Ended up buying the Ruger. Check them both out before buying.

A toy? What ruger 22lr revolvers feel like, overbuilt chunks of stainless suckered a guy could have bought something nice in .357 for same or less. If the Rough rider feels like a toy to you perhaps be best to not to get into semi handguns. You may mistake them for airsoft.