PDA

View Full Version : range report--CHIAPPA UPPER/ar build report

stitchnicklas
03-31-2011, 2:20 PM
took the new ar build to the range today.

bought a chiappa .22lr upper at the costa mesa show last weekend,paired it with a del-ton lower with a dpms lpk,dpms stock,red dot scope,blackdog 10rd mags,stag round handguard from a previous build upgrade.gun cost with out scope and rear sight was 550 with dros and taxes.

4 brands of ammo was used for break-in today and trial.

fte=failure to eject/ftf=failure to fire/ftl=failure to load.

federal bulk (walmart 535 stuff)--125rds zero ftf/fte/ftl's
cci ar tactical (new run stuff) --125rds zero ftf/fte/ftl's
cci minimag --100rds zero ftf/fte/ftl's
Winchester super-x -- 100rds 10 ftf/0 fte/2 ftl's:mad:i never use this brand anyway and only had 100rds for this test only.

total----------450rds.

accuracy was pretty nice groups and consistent.very fun rifle to shoot and easy to go through tons of ammunition in a short time,as i was breaking in the gun and stress testing i went through the 450rds in 1 hr 15 mins of continuous shooting.

i recommend this upper as a fun plinker gun.:D

and for those asking about the bullet button it is there because i plan on buying a 450 bushmaster soon to swap back and forth between the .22lr and 450 bushmaster,also considering a 6.8spc.i have a sweet 5.56 ar already and do not want to screw with it and built this lower with swapping uppers in mind.;)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=92225&d=1301610359

uxo2
04-01-2011, 8:09 AM
I have one too..
Broke it in with Mini Mags...

Got it a a great price ...