PDA

View Full Version : crowd control..

VirT
03-31-2011, 9:27 AM
Hi! I'm a big fan of your store, and really like the new location.. having recently purchased a rifle from you, I also brought a friend in the following week to do the same.

The crowds in-store on both occasions were considerable, and I noticed that it's really tough to keep a track of who was next in line to be helped out. I'm generally not a pushy person, so am happy to wait around if not in a rush.. but having people casually walk up and hog counter space demanding immediate attention is annoying to say the least.

Maybe implementing a tear-off ticket system (a'la USPS) at entry would alleviate the open "who's next" Q&A,.. understanding that for many, customer service is what keeps them spending money at one store over another.

Just a suggestion to keep more of your customers happy.. more of the time :)

URBAN COMMANDO
03-31-2011, 10:01 AM

rumpletzer
03-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Weekend?

I've only been inside the store 3 times (twice at the old store), but I've always been helped immediately. It may have been that I've never gone on a weekend day... just afternoons on weekdays.

I'll go again tomorrow afternoon. We'll see.

GlennG31
03-31-2011, 2:39 PM
Weekend?

I've only been inside the store 3 times (twice at the old store), but I've always been helped immediately. It may have been that I've never gone on a weekend day... just afternoons on weekdays.

I'll go again tomorrow afternoon. We'll see.

Yeah, on Saturdays, it is usually pretty busy in the store. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm glad that they've got a lot of business. I also don't mind waiting, but I do think some sort of ticket system would help with the crowds. At least implement it just on the weekend instead of the weekdays. I've also been in the store during the weekdays, and I know that's it's very easy to be helped quickly during those times, so I think the ticket system would be moot on the weekdays.

VirT
03-31-2011, 3:01 PM
agreed; it's more a suggestion that if a ticket system is in place, and only 3 ppl are waiting during a quiet week day, no need to use the tickets.. but if there was a rush (or business as usual on a weekend).. then the counter guys could just tell everyone "Hi, we'll get to you as soon as we can.. please take a ticket".

kel-tec-innovations
03-31-2011, 3:22 PM
A ticket system would be nice

Fimbulvetr
03-31-2011, 9:08 PM
Agreed with OP. I have only been to the shop (old and new) on Saturdays and its been packed every time. I have never seen anyone get irate but there is always a bit of confusion when the counter asks who is next. FWIW, Ammo Bros uses a ticket system on their busy days too.

shark92651
04-01-2011, 6:18 AM
Yeah I agree it is time to get one of those. I'll put it on my short list of projects.

Bobby B
04-01-2011, 4:25 PM
what gun store is not like this ????

shark92651
04-01-2011, 7:41 PM
I ordered one of those ticket dispensers with a floor stand today. Now no fighting over tickets! :D

VirT
04-02-2011, 9:20 AM
awesome! thanks for being so responsive to your customers.. I'm sure you will have plenty of people thankful for the upgrade :)

dkindrumr
04-02-2011, 2:02 PM
Great idea, keep everyone in-line.

Riflegear FTW, Been very happy with the many PPT and sales transaction i have had there.
Best gun shop I have, been to.

jrau13
04-06-2011, 7:53 AM
Now that's customer service!