PDA

View Full Version : Weapons restrictions for non violent misdemeanor?

Mr. Wannabe High Profile Banger
03-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

I understand domestic violence or some kind of misdemeanor crime with drugs or violence

But just cuz a weapon was present during an arrest, is that good enough for a court to strip you of your firearms if your convicted.

I only thought felony and violent/drug related misdemeanors were grounds enough for weapons restrictions?

While I got your attention, anyone know a good lawyer in the Los Angeles area?

jtmkinsd
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

I understand domestic violence or some kind of misdemeanor crime with drugs or violence

But just cuz a weapon was present during an arrest, is that good enough for a court to strip you of your firearms if your convicted.

I only thought felony and violent/drug related misdemeanors were grounds enough for weapons restrictions?

While I got your attention, anyone know a good lawyer in the Los Angeles area?

CA sucks doesn't it? Yes, there is a laundry list of misdemeanors which result in a ten year ban on firearms ownership/possession.

Call the CGF hotline for a good gun lawyer reference (800) 556-2109

stix213
03-31-2011, 1:29 AM
PC 12021 includes a list of prohibiting misdemeanors. Check if yours is on the list.

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12021.html

Mr. Wannabe High Profile Banger
03-31-2011, 2:08 AM
Say the convict me, am i only restricted to weapons in California or Nation wide?

gunsmith
03-31-2011, 9:53 AM
Say the convict me, am i only restricted to weapons in California or Nation wide?

IANAL however for a misdo that isn't a domestic violence in free states like NV or AZ you would still get a ccw if you take the test etc.