PDA

View Full Version : Swivel Recommendations for Marlin 795

Sajedene
03-29-2011, 9:26 PM
Hi!

What swivels do you guys use for your Marlin 795? I have no idea if there is a certain size I am supposed to get. And would I need anything else besides this to hookup a sling to the Marlin?

Thank you!

llamatrnr
03-29-2011, 11:03 PM
There's a CalGuns Marlin795 thread that'd probably help answer that for you . . .

Beetle Bailey
03-29-2011, 11:06 PM
I just use the Uncle Mike's Quick-Detach sling swivels and it works just fine. They should all fit the stud on your stock. I prefer steel but you can also get plastic swivels. The only question is do you want 1" or 1.25" loops? Most slings are 1.25" so I just buy that unless there is a specific 1" sling I want to use.

You are making your own sling, no? Then it depends on how wide you want to make your sling. Pics when you are done? :D

Sajedene
03-30-2011, 12:42 AM
I just use the Uncle Mike's Quick-Detach sling swivels and it works just fine. They should all fit the stud on your stock. I prefer steel but you can also get plastic swivels. The only question is do you want 1" or 1.25" loops? Most slings are 1.25" so I just buy that unless there is a specific 1" sling I want to use.

You are making your own sling, no? Then it depends on how wide you want to make your sling. Pics when you are done? :D

Yeah you know it! I don't know how wide I want it to be yet. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to a certain width? And if I have a bipod attached to my Marlin would that matter? And I do want steel.

Beetle Bailey
03-30-2011, 7:44 PM
Well, I find the 1.25" slings to be a bit more comfortable than the puny 1" ones, and that matters more on a heavier rifle. Your Marlin is pretty light so it might not make much difference.

As for a bipod, I don't know too much about those but I do have a Harris. It mounts to the front swivel stud and then you attach a sling to the bipod's frame. Dunno how comfortable that is, but that's how it's done on stocks with only one front swivel stud. I'll bring the Harris with me so you can try it out.

easy
03-30-2011, 7:44 PM
Get the 1.25" and a M14 cotton web sling. Total should be less than $20.00 for all of it.

Sajedene
03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
1.25 seems to be the popular choice. I will go buy it tomorrow.

Oh, I am making my own sling :)

Thanks guys!