PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Recent San Bernardino County CCW Applicants

PsychGuy274
03-29-2011, 10:59 AM
I need someone who's recently gone through the San Bernardino County CCW application process to PM me. I have a few questions.

I prefer someone who's gone through it within the last year or so, but the more recent the better. Whether or not your received a CCW is irrelevant. You will be kept 100% anonymous and I will divulge NO personal information.

All I need is for you to PM me with your name, phone number and a good time to contact you.

Thanks.

wildhawker
03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that PsychGuy is working with CGF on this FYI. It might be prudent to post in the county CCW Info Forum page also.

-Brandon

sandman21
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
This makes me happy, maybe we can get rid of the illegal requirements.

PsychGuy274
03-29-2011, 1:07 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that PsychGuy is working with CGF on this FYI. It might be prudent to post in the county CCW Info Forum page also.

-Brandon

Done.

FERGUSON
03-29-2011, 1:40 PM
HOPEFULLY YOU ARE WORKING ON RIVERSIDE COUNTY ALSO....

PsychGuy274
03-29-2011, 2:05 PM

I can only do so much at one time. Standby for Riverside.

voiceofreason
03-29-2011, 2:21 PM
Is LA county expected to be dead last? or just before the Bay area?

PsychGuy274
03-29-2011, 2:28 PM
This is starting to get a little off topic.

If you guys know anyone who has applied recently for a CCW in San Bernardino County please have them contact me.

If you wish to discuss anything outside of that please start your own thread. If you'd like to get more involved for your county join up as a volunteer for the Calguns Sunshine Initiative.

Thank you.

Gray Peterson
03-29-2011, 2:58 PM

I'm already working Riverside.

The Shadow
03-29-2011, 3:01 PM
This is starting to get a little off topic.

If you guys know anyone who has applied recently for a CCW in San Bernardino County please have them contact me.

If you wish to discuss anything outside of that please start your own thread. If you'd like to get more involved for your county join up as a volunteer for the Calguns Sunshine Initiative.

Thank you.

I tried checking the San Bernardino Sheriff's website to see if they posted the policy online, and all I got was an electronic phone and address book for their various offices. I also read the policy that CGF posted, to say the least, it's interesting. One other requirement I noticed was that they require you to be a resident of San Bernardino County for a minimum of one year before you can apply. I don't remember that being a requirement according to the state, so what's up with that ?

PsychGuy274
03-29-2011, 3:10 PM
I tried checking the San Bernardino Sheriff's website to see if they posted the policy online, and all I got was an electronic phone and address book for their various offices. I also read the policy that CGF posted, to say the least, it's interesting. One other requirement I noticed was that they require you to be a resident of San Bernardino County for a minimum of one year before you can apply. I don't remember that being a requirement according to the state, so what's up with that ?

The one year of residency is possibly a violation of PC 12050(a)(1)(d)(i)

“Is a resident of the county or a city within the county.”

From Calguns CCW Flowchart

No statutory time limitations have been placed on the residency requirement and such restrictions would violate the 14th Amendment right to travel. See Saenz v Roe, 98-97 (1999) and Nunez by Nunez v. City of San Diego, 114 F.3d.935, 944 (9th cir. 1997) (quoting Papachristou v. City of Jacksonville, 405 U.S. 156, 164 (1972)).

I'm working on that and numerous other illegal requirements of their applicants.

sandman21
03-29-2011, 3:34 PM
If you need someone to apply let me know, I won't get far but I could get the information you need. Lol

PsychGuy274
03-29-2011, 5:05 PM
If you need someone to apply let me know, I won't get far but I could get the information you need. Lol

Thanks for the offer, but for the sake of time I prefer people who have already applied.

By all means though, apply if you want to. San Bernardino is pretty good about issuing permits as long as you don't mind all of the illegal requirements.

jpigeon
03-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Whats taking so long with Riverside? Whos holding up the process?

PsychGuy274
03-30-2011, 10:10 AM
This thread is not about Riverside. Either way, be patient. These things take a lot of work.

BusBoy
03-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Is LA county expected to be dead last? or just before the Bay area?

EDIT... just AFTER the Bay Area! ;)