PDA

View Full Version : Another McClatchy gun control whitewash

Smokeybehr
03-29-2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/03/28/111169/30-years-after-reagan-shot-outlook.html

WASHINGTON Wednesday is the 30th anniversary of the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan. Gun-control advocates, including Reagan's wounded press secretary, Jim Brady, will use the day to launch a renewed push for curbs on guns.

---------
Nowhere in the piece is there a single quote from the pro-freedom side. It's all a lovefest by the inside-the-Beltway media for the usual anti-rights players. Quotes from Helmke, Brady, VPC, and the usual mentions of Columbine, Tucson, and Reagan's assassination attempt.

Nick Justice
03-29-2011, 10:15 AM
They don't seem to remember that the shooter broke all sorts of gun laws: Attempted murder ban, handgun possession ban, ammo ban, carry ban, everything. Every law the Brady group has ever said they wanted was already in place in DC at the time.

N6ATF
03-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Violated the fed GFSZ...

PsychGuy274
03-29-2011, 11:54 AM
This isn't going anywhere. Don't worry.

CHS
03-29-2011, 1:25 PM
WTH:
No gun-violence horror ever has tilted the political world decisively toward strong gun control. In 1965, about two years after President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, a Gallup Poll found that 44 percent of the nation wouldn't support a handgun ban.

I don't get it.

JFK was assassinated by a criminal using a RIFLE. A handgun was never involved, so why would they even bring up a handgun ban afterwards?

Idiots.

CalBear
03-29-2011, 1:43 PM
Don't even try to rationalize the antis positions by applying common sense. It simply will not work. These guys are about as knee-jerk as they come, and they will exploit any and every tragedy possible to eventually get rid of guns altogether.

otalps
03-29-2011, 2:54 PM
WTH:

I don't get it.

JFK was assassinated by a criminal using a RIFLE. A handgun was never involved, so why would they even bring up a handgun ban afterwards?

Idiots.

They were upset with Jack Ruby?:confused:

SupportGeek
03-29-2011, 3:38 PM
Violated the fed GFSZ...

Wasnt Bush (Sr.) the one that brought us the GFSZ? I dont think it was in place during Regans time.

RRangel
03-29-2011, 4:22 PM
WTH:

I don't get it.

Idiots.

With gun control that's pretty much the gist of it. There's no common sense needed or even wanted.

Librarian
03-29-2011, 4:26 PM
Wasnt Bush (Sr.) the one that brought us the GFSZ? I dont think it was in place during Regans time.

Yes, the 1990 version. The 1995 re-pass was Billy-Jeff.

GettoPhilosopher
03-29-2011, 7:06 PM
WTH:

I don't get it.

Idiots.

It's about as logical as...
A: Something like 75% of gun crimes involve a handgun
B: Something like 4% of gun crimes involve a rifle of any type
Conclusion: "Assault weapons" bans are necessary.

0_o

G60
03-29-2011, 7:17 PM
Nowhere in the piece is there a single quote from the pro-freedom side. It's all a lovefest by the inside-the-Beltway media for the usual anti-rights players. Quotes from Helmke, Brady, VPC, and the usual mentions of Columbine, Tucson, and Reagan's assassination attempt.

You must have missed the quote from John Lott. And the fact "NRA officials didn't respond to requests for comment."

Article could have been worse. At least they didn't refer to the NRA as "The gun lobby bullies"