PDA

View Full Version : Carry Reform: A Brief Memo on Individual Efforts and CGF Carry License Initiative

wildhawker
03-28-2011, 9:11 PM
All,

I wanted to say that it's very exciting to see so much grassroots interest in reforming carry policies of our licensing authorities. We have much to look forward to, including some substantial milestones and real victories to be celebrated in the not too distant future.

With that in mind, I'd ask everyone reading this to consider how many(!!) moving parts exist within our state at this very moment before taking any specific action outside of close coordination with the Initiative. Most of what we've been working on behind the scenes for many months is not yet publishable for tactical reasons. Accordingly, any efforts which overlap with the Initiative's are likely to be confusing to the licensing authorities, or worse.

We're very proud to have such a personally-invested, dynamic, and capable body of gun rights advocates in our corner; MAIG, Brady, and LCAV can only dream about the robust community that we all are so fortunate be a part of. I urge anyone looking to get involved sign up for future operations at www.calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer if you haven't done so already. It's sometimes frustrating to wait for our number to be called, and trust me, I want to call them - but we need to keep doing what makes us different than our reactionary opposition. Let's keep our chin up, powder dry, and prepare for the many battles which lay directly ahead. If you are in a position to apply more of your time and resources to advancing gun rights, please see my thread on what you can do right now (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=362574") that would significantly better our cause and community.

Thanks, truly, for all of your consideration and continuing support of CGF's Carry License Reform and Sunshine Initiative. We are winning.

-Brandon

pitchbaby
03-28-2011, 10:14 PM
:cool2:

Paladin
03-28-2011, 11:26 PM
With that in mind, I'd ask everyone reading this to consider how many(!!) moving parts exist within our state at this very moment before taking any specific action outside of close coordination with the Initiative. Most of what we've been working on behind the scenes for many months is not yet publishable for tactical reasons. Accordingly, any efforts which overlap with the Initiative's are likely to be confusing to the licensing authorities, or worse.Worth repeating with emphasis.

Blackhawk556
03-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Question, is there a reason why only a couple of counties got the "time to apply" even though about a dozen of them released their accepted GC statements? $$$$Issues? Keep it on the DL? Any other "time to apply" counties in the near future from the dozen?

soopafly
03-29-2011, 12:43 AM
No, thank YOU Brandon for all of your hard work and dedication.

wildhawker
03-29-2011, 1:13 AM
Question, is there a reason why only a couple of counties got the "time to apply" even though about a dozen of them released their accepted GC statements?

To answer your question: yes, there is a reason for not *promoting* application en masse, though I do not take the position that people *shouldn't* apply (in any county). Note the distinction between a CGF drill/notice and the lack of visible suggestion.

$$$$Issues? Keep it on the DL? Any other "time to apply" counties in the near future from the dozen?

Though the Initiative has and will prove to be costly -and we hope folks would continue to apply and help us reach our goals - any non-movement in a particular county is not for a lack of financial resources.

More news to follow soon.

wildhawker
03-29-2011, 1:16 AM
No, thank YOU Brandon for all of your hard work and dedication.

You're quite welcome. It's an honor to serve this cause and our community, and thank you for all of the substantial contributions *you* have made. Having a professional appearance and offering visually-striking resources makes a huge difference.

GOEX FFF
03-29-2011, 1:41 AM
Another THANK YOU here to CGF!

This community is full beyond measure of elegant truths; of exquisite interrelationships;
of the awesome machinery of collective civil rights and self preservation in defense of basic human liberty. :thumbsup:

asme
03-29-2011, 3:31 AM
http://thewifehatessports.com/wp-content/gallery/non-sports-images/charlie-sheen-winning-image.jpg

wash
03-29-2011, 9:58 AM
Fortunately our constitution works better at winning than tiger blood and Adonis DNA.

It's too bad that our strategy precludes complete transparency in the process because many people get upset by a lack of perceived activity and strike out on their own, like the guy in LA.

Like any good strategy, there is a beginning and an end and LA is closer to the end because we need to improve our position before we fight that battle.

Each step is critical and we have to build upon our victories rather than waste time repairing the damage of a defeat that could have been avoided.

mhael
03-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for your efforts.

Window_Seat
03-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks Brandon!

I certainly do appreciate the efforts, and understand that there will be "stuff to come".

Not sure if you've seen my PMs, but if you aren't able to respond to them, I completely understand (now).

Although I registered to volunteer when the Sunshine Initiative started, I just filled out the form (for the first time), so if there's anything that is needed...

Again, THANKS for all you & CGF have done. Clearly, I haven't done enough, and I hope to be able to do more in the future. :)

Erik.