PDA

View Full Version : Streamlight TLR1s light sale

Blue Ridge Reef
03-28-2011, 5:48 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, but "accessories" seemed to fit best. Anyway I wanted to share a deal I ran across. I've been looking for this very light and found it at $85. http://www.ombexpress.com/p_FL779.aspx
I've never had this strobe-optioned version, but these Streamlights can light up a room! 160 lumens, so not a long battery life, but it does what it's designed to do. There are a couple of Youtube video overviews featuring these also.

WWDHD?
03-29-2011, 2:05 AM
Cool looking weapons light. The specs and looks seem sorta similar to a Streamlight Polytac HP I bought recently. My Polytac HP is super bright (150 lumens) and has a lot of range. I was easily lighting up things 75 yards away. The reflector on the TRL1 is fairly large so it should have lots of throw like my HP. So far I'm impressed with the quality of Streamlight products. $85 is out of my budget for a weapons mounted light but if you need/want one then go for it! I'm sure its an impressive light.
Don't buy cheap chinese made batteries for it! Stick with US or Japan made cr123 batteries. Chinese lithium battery QC problems can turn LED light into a pipe bomb. Good deals at www.betteryjunction.com for good quality cr123s. Good luck.

BANG BANG
03-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Cool looking weapons light. The specs and looks seem sorta similar to a Streamlight Polytac HP I bought recently. My Polytac HP is super bright (150 lumens) and has a lot of range. I was easily lighting up things 75 yards away. The reflector on the TRL1 is fairly large so it should have lots of throw like my HP. So far I'm impressed with the quality of Streamlight products. $85 is out of my budget for a weapons mounted light but if you need/want one then go for it! I'm sure its an impressive light.
Don't buy cheap chinese made batteries for it! Stick with US or Japan made cr123 batteries. Chinese lithium battery QC problems can turn LED light into a pipe bomb. Good deals at http://www.batteryjunction.com/ for good quality cr123s. Good luck.

fixed link for you

kazman
03-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Great price. If shipping isn't too much

WWDHD?
03-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Oops. Dumb late night mistake. Thanks!

Blue Ridge Reef
03-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Great price. If shipping isn't too much

It is free with over $85 purchase, so if you add on a spare battery, it's no charge. For just the light, it's 9 bucks, if I remember. I'll do a review when I get it if anyone is interested.

WDE91
03-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Ya I sure I would like a review

n2stackin
03-29-2011, 2:37 PM
I've got an SLR-1 (non-strobe, 135 lumens) and it works great. No complaints. Is it better than a SureFire? No, but for the money, you can't beat it. I paid $105 online for my SLR-1, so $85 for a 160 is a steal!