PDA

View Full Version : CCW @ The Epicenter

morrcarr67
03-28-2011, 4:24 PM
I was at the Epicenter in Rancho Cucamonga to get tickets for the up coming Quakes home opener and saw this sign and wanted to share it with everyone.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i461/morrcarr67/IMG_20110328_125128.jpg

unusedusername
03-28-2011, 4:34 PM
Who owns the stadium?

If it is the state then a "sensitive places" suit could eventually be brought to bear.

If it is owned privately then the owners can ban them if they want to.

Also it looks like that sign has been there a while. (Just from the photo)...

The Shadow
03-28-2011, 4:40 PM
It's owned by the City of Rancho Cucamonga.

http://www.rcepicenter.us/home.htm

PsychGuy274
03-28-2011, 4:44 PM
It's owned by the City of Rancho Cucamonga.

http://www.rcepicenter.us/home.htm

Private businesses can ban firearm on their premises if they want, but if it's city own then they can't. Correct?

Angry letter time? :43:

gobler
03-28-2011, 4:45 PM
Hmm.. owned by the city eh? Well I would ignore the sign as it is not "Privet" property and not a "Sensitive" area. I'm not suggesting you ignore it but give an inch... ;)

Window_Seat
03-28-2011, 4:54 PM
Private businesses can ban firearm on their premises if they want, but if it's city own then they can't. Correct?

Angry letter time? :43:

I would refrain from taking action (individually).

As the first response to the OP suggested...

And providing Nordyke rules with SS, and the fairgrounds are considered NOT a sensitive place, then stadiums banning firearms would become a thing of the past when CGF begins mailing friendly letters to the localities that own stadiums within the circuit, no?

Remember, attendance at schools and government buildings is mandatory for most in attendance. Going to the fairgrounds, a football/baseball game or NASCAR Race is optional.

Erik.

stix213
03-28-2011, 5:13 PM
The lack of a comma between "drugs" and "alcoholic beverages" leads me to believe either of those are fine, but drugging someone's beverage is a no no. Also its good to know that firearms aren't weapons.

N6ATF
03-28-2011, 8:59 PM
NOTICE
LAW-ABIDING PEOPLE ARE
STRICTLY PROHIBITED
INSIDE THE STADIUM

wildhawker
03-28-2011, 9:09 PM
See Eugene Volokh's scholarly work on 2A and government as proprietor. See also thus recent VC thread: http://volokh.com/2011/03/25/the-second-amendment-and-the-government-as-proprietor/

hoffmang
03-28-2011, 9:47 PM
You can ignore the sign.

I looked in the Rancho Cucamonga muni code (http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16570&stateId=5&stateName=California) and I don't see a supporting regulation. Now, if there is one, my advice above doesn't stand. However, that's only because it hasn't been challenged. State law preempts the licensing (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/53701.php) of firearms and a 12050 license is a preempting license.

That's why Alameda exempted 12050 licensees from the Fairgrounds ban.

-Gene

Mstrty
03-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=338205). If its not listed in the first post then your permit, permits you to carry. Just remember if they ask you to leave, you leave or you will be trespassing.

My agency has a sign restriction. I noticed it yesterday.
Restrictions Applicable to All Sacramento Sheriff’s Department Permit Holders (http://www.sacsheriff.com/organization/office_of_the_sheriff/images/ccw_process.pdf)(Permit invalid if violated)
 While exercising the permit and carrying a weapon, no alcohol consumption is
permitted.
 No permitted weapon is allowed where weapons are prohibited by law.
 No permitted weapon is allowed at locations where a sign is posted prohibiting weapons.
 The Sheriff may impose additional restrictions.
Failure of the permit holder to adhere to these restrictions will result in the
revocation of the concealed weapons permit.

The one in bold may be new. I dont remember seeing it before.

morrcarr67
03-29-2011, 6:31 AM
Thanks hoffmang and bombmaster for some good reads

pbchief2
03-29-2011, 8:41 AM
Check out this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=338205). If its not listed in the first post then your permit, permits you to carry. Just remember if they ask you to leave, you leave or you will be trespassing.

My agency has a sign restriction. I noticed it yesterday.
Restrictions Applicable to All Sacramento Sheriff’s Department Permit Holders (http://www.sacsheriff.com/organization/office_of_the_sheriff/images/ccw_process.pdf)(Permit invalid if violated)
 While exercising the permit and carrying a weapon, no alcohol consumption is
permitted.
 No permitted weapon is allowed where weapons are prohibited by law.
 No permitted weapon is allowed at locations where a sign is posted prohibiting weapons.
 The Sheriff may impose additional restrictions.
Failure of the permit holder to adhere to these restrictions will result in the
revocation of the concealed weapons permit.

The one in bold may be new. I dont remember seeing it before.

Even with that bold section, I thought that any restrictions must be listed on your permit. If that's the case does that rule have any standing.

safewaysecurity
03-29-2011, 8:44 AM
Lawn furniture?

postal16
03-29-2011, 8:46 AM
Lawnchairs don't kill people, People with Lawnchairs do! I never thought I would see Lawn Furniture lumped in with Firearms LOL

morrcarr67
03-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Lawnchairs don't kill people, People with Lawnchairs do! I never thought I would see Lawn Furniture lumped in with Firearms LOL

I hadn't thought about it but that is pretty funny :rofl2:

paul0660
03-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Even with that bold section, I thought that any restrictions must be listed on your permit. If that's the case does that rule have any standing.

That is the question!

mej16489
03-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Possibly Illegal (regardless of the sign) per 171b if a local .gov worker regularly works there. Its prosecutable as a felony or a misdemeanor. However, CCW Holders are exempted.

171b. (a) Any person who brings or possesses within any state or
local public building or at any meeting required to be open to the
public pursuant to Chapter 9 (commencing with Section 54950) of Part
1 of Division 2 of Title 5 of, or Article 9 (commencing with Section
11120) of Chapter 1 of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of, the
Government Code, any of the following is guilty of a public offense
punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one
year, or in the state prison:
(1) Any firearm.
(2) Any deadly weapon described in Section 653k or 12020.
(3) Any knife with a blade length in excess of four inches, the
blade of which is fixed or is capable of being fixed in an unguarded
position by the use of one or two hands.
(4) Any unauthorized tear gas weapon.
(5) Any taser or stun gun, as defined in Section 244.5.
(6) Any instrument that expels a metallic projectile, such as a BB
or pellet, through the force of air pressure, CO2 pressure, or
spring action, or any spot marker gun or paint gun.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to, or affect, any of the
following:
(3) A person holding a valid license to carry the firearm pursuant
to Article 3 (commencing with Section 12050) of Chapter 1 of Title 2
of Part 4.
(c) As used in this section, "state or local public building"
means a building that meets all of the following criteria:
(1) It is a building or part of a building owned or leased by the
state or local government, if state or local public employees are
regularly present for the purposes of performing their official
duties. A state or local public building includes, but is not limited
to, a building that contains a courtroom.

Librarian
03-29-2011, 10:53 AM

As a matter of law (as 'violation of 12025, carry concealed without CCW'), IMO probably not much but I haven't seen that prosecuted, so I'm not certain.

As a matter of 'pull your permit'? 100% effective, if they choose to exercise it.

emcon5
03-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Lawn furniture?

That may be a money thing rather than "safety" thing (laughable is that is).

I went to a concert at the Concord pavilion a couple years ago, they confiscated our soft folding stadium seats (roughly similar to these, thanks google image search (http://www.dawgwear.net/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=D&Product_Code=142-80&Category_Code=21TC)) because they had a tiny metal reinforcement in them. Supposedly because it could be used as a weapon.

Then we go in there, and they will gladly rent us a beach/lawn chair made mostly of metal, kind of like this one: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/242470413/beach_lawn_chair.html

:mad:

hoffmang
03-29-2011, 10:35 PM
I can't wait to attend the Alameda County Fair. Some people will understand why this is on topic :43:

-Gene

bcj128
03-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Personally, I'm concerned about the lawn furniture! The next ban is coming!!!:eek:

jb7706
03-30-2011, 7:36 AM
I can't wait to attend the Alameda County Fair. Some people will understand why this is on topic :43:

-Gene

Hmmm, Calguns Meetup?

The Shadow
03-30-2011, 8:48 AM

-Gene

Do tell !

morrcarr67
03-30-2011, 1:45 PM

-Gene

I'm just glad I'm in San Bernardino County where we have a Sheriff that will issue permits :)

hoffmang
03-30-2011, 8:35 PM
Do tell !

When Alameda banned guns at the fairgrounds in response to a shooting at the fairgrounds they specifically exempted 12050 Permit holders from the ban. They also installed metal detectors at the fair.

I'm going to enjoy setting off the metal detectors.

-Gene

bden
03-30-2011, 8:56 PM
When Alameda banned guns at the fairgrounds in response to a shooting at the fairgrounds they specifically exempted 12050 Permit holders from the ban. They also installed metal detectors at the fair.

-Gene

New sig right there. Can you get someone to video this as well? Pretty please!?!

dantodd
03-30-2011, 8:57 PM

You passed the psych eval? :eek:

safewaysecurity
03-30-2011, 9:10 PM

-Gene

I've always wondered. What do you do when you walk into state courthouses? From my experience they all have metal detectors with officers within the first 10 feet of the entrance. Do you just walk in through the detector let it beep and say you are a permit holder and they let you go on your way with no problems?

The Shadow
03-30-2011, 9:16 PM

-Gene

That does have possibilities for fun. Especially when security freaks and prohibits you from entering, and I do think that will happen, at least once.

hoffmang
03-30-2011, 11:09 PM
You passed the psych eval? :eek:
Me not takeum same white man chemicals half indian imbibe...
I've always wondered. What do you do when you walk into state courthouses? From my experience they all have metal detectors with officers within the first 10 feet of the entrance. Do you just walk in through the detector let it beep and say you are a permit holder and they let you go on your way with no problems?

State courts may very well be able to exclude firearms - even those carried by 12050 Permit Holders. The Alameda Fair has to follow it's own county ordinance allowing the firearms of 12050 Permit Holders.

-Gene