PDA

View Full Version : Colt Combat Commander going away ?

MajorDEEDEEDEE
03-28-2011, 1:09 PM
the one thing that I think is retarded that the handguns on the CA DOJ handgun list have expiration date. Now im a bit scared if Colt doesnt renew the Colt Combat Commander's to be sold in CA . How often do guns expire on the list?

bwiese
03-28-2011, 1:24 PM
Guns 'go away' if their mfgr doesn't renew their entry on the Roster - or makes changes to the gun such that it can't be considered Rostered anymore.

Plenty of Colt Commanders are being sold/transferred in CA thru single-shot exemption however (long barrel + fixed 0-round filler mag done by an 07FFL). Once a person buys this single shot pistol he is free to convert it to any other legal configuration, including traditional 1911 operation and return the single-shot parts to the FFL for a 'core charge' refund.

The Roster is being challegned by a joint CGF/SAF lawsuit that's currently on hold (Pena v Cid) until a decision in Nordyke case is handed down.

sanjosebmx
03-28-2011, 2:38 PM
please kill the roster...

Where can I find out more info about Calguns? Is it a 503c ?

ns3v3n
03-28-2011, 3:13 PM
It's so sad that we have to go through these loop holes to get the pistol that you can buy easily in any free state.

MajorDEEDEEDEE
03-28-2011, 3:47 PM
so which 07 ffl's that are know to do that? since I had no idea that anybody can put a long barrel and a useless mag on a handgun that isnt on the CA DOJ