PDA

View Full Version : Play between the upper and lower?

T.O.M.
03-27-2011, 7:30 PM
Is it perfectly normal to have a tiny minuscule wobble between the lower receiver and upper receiver?

I just got my first gun, sorry if it's a stupid question, but I always thought the real thing would be sturdy and not like an airsoft gun. :rolleyes:

I'm probably just overreacting to it.

CK_32
03-27-2011, 7:34 PM
Search function please... K you have been told but yes it's 100% normal. Now your just goin to get 100 more replies saying exactly what I just said.

EDIT: not trying to be an a hole just explaining your probably going to get 100 replies of either use the search function or yes it's normal.

MrPlink
03-27-2011, 7:34 PM
sounds like you got a one bad, send it my way and I will dispose of it the correct way for you.

:p

its actually pretty normal
if it bugs you that much get one of these http://www.mapartsinc.com/products/9507101530_accuwedge.jpg
its called an accu wedge, or you can make one yourself

Wicked K5
03-27-2011, 7:37 PM
Yes, it's normal. If it bothers you, there's several ways to take out the slop. Just search. Here's how I did mine:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=339937

Paul_R
03-27-2011, 7:42 PM
No it's not normal. It's usually more than what I would call a tiny minuscule amount. You got lucky! ;)

And you would have wasted your time with the so called "search function" on this site. It's completely useless. :chris:

KOTU
03-27-2011, 7:44 PM
No it's not normal. It's usually more than what I would call a tiny minuscule amount. You got lucky! ;)

And you would have wasted your time with the so called "search function" on this site. It's completely useless. :chris:

i agree, but if you use google it works wonderfully.

just type "calguns" before what you want to search for and usually finds wat you're looking for

Paul_R
03-27-2011, 7:50 PM
i agree, but if you use google it works wonderfully.

just type "calguns" before what you want to search for and usually finds wat you're looking for

I agree and that was actually helpful as opposed to....oh never mind! :D

I use google advanced search and search within domain name calguns.

jonnyt16
03-27-2011, 7:50 PM
I've found it to be luck of the draw. I have mated uppers to different lowers with no wobble at all, yet, my brand-new Ruger SR-556 complete rifle came from the factory with wobble.

By the way, Wicked K5, great idea!

NSR500
03-27-2011, 8:26 PM
Sounds like you need to hit the trigger guard ears with a hammer to tighten things up. Preferably with the ears unsupported. ;)

LovingTheYear1911
03-27-2011, 8:27 PM
Yup, its normal. Some more than others.