PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between a "pre-ban" trigger housing Vs a "post-ban

NHP1127
03-27-2011, 4:42 PM
I was told that a pre-ban trigger housing was able to have an automatic sear as a simple drop in where as in a post ban manufacture, the trigger housing has different (less) milling so it is harder to modify. Can anyone elaborate on this? My brother lives in Idaho and recently bought a brand new "Pre-ban" Bushmaster M-4A3. I'm curious as to what makes it "Pre-ban". Thanks in advance.

CK_32
03-27-2011, 4:49 PM
Tag

dieselpower
03-27-2011, 5:10 PM
No wrong terms. What they are talking about the the height or amount of metal left in the lower over the selector. At once time manufactures left more metal there which made it impossible to install an autosear without milling out more metal. Most mil-spec lowers are "low Shelf" meaning an auto sear fits if it had a 3rd hole that is.

preban normally means pre-1994 ban which has ended in 2004 so we are back to pre-ban again well most other states are that is.

NHP1127
03-27-2011, 6:08 PM
No wrong terms. What they are talking about the the height or amount of metal left in the lower over the selector. At once time manufactures left more metal there which made it impossible to install an autosear without milling out more metal. Most mil-spec lowers are "low Shelf" meaning an auto sear fits if it had a 3rd hole that is.

preban normally means pre-1994 ban which has ended in 2004 so we are back to pre-ban again well most other states are that is.

Thanks for the info.

G-forceJunkie
03-27-2011, 8:50 PM
Every Bushmaster I have had, they leave some extra metal on the right side of lower right above the selector. If you pop the upper off, and look straight down, you will see the walls of the slot in the lower rearward of the selector are not parallel the whole way.