View Full Version : Japanese 7.7 reloading dies

Scarecrow Repair
10-31-2006, 8:08 PM
A friend has a Japanese WW II infantry rifle, 7.7 mm, and wants to find reloading dies for it. I may have the details wrong here ... he wants a simple hand die, not a bench setup, since he already has everything else except that 7.7 die. Anyone have any leads on where to get one?

If I have garbled this request, shame me gently please :-)

11-01-2006, 7:21 AM
I think Lee still makes a hand press for use as a portable. If Lee does not make dies for that caliber, I'm sure RCBS does. I would intially try Midway for the individual items or the respective web sites of Lee and RCBS to see if those items are available and in production.

11-01-2006, 7:41 AM

Lee still makes a hand press.

Scarecrow Repair
11-01-2006, 8:15 AM
Looks like Lee doesn't have the right size but Midway has a royal boatload of 7.7 dies. I'll show them to my friend tonight and see if any are what he wants.

Scarecrow Repair
11-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey, thanks for the pointers.

My friend picked from a plethora of possibilities for the dies, we shall see if they were good choices. Now it looks like an even larger plethora of powder possibilities. We opened one of his existing rounds and the powder looks like small sand, sort of, altho that was from peering inside, not pouring any out.

Anyways, any recommendations on powder? I reckon there must be quite a few reasonable possibilities.

He has tons of brass and they only had two choices in bullets, so he ordered one of each.