PDA

View Full Version : Signature required now on Kali ammo shipments

gunluvver
10-31-2006, 4:06 PM
My son in San Diego called me this morning and said that he had gotten a phone call from Sportsman's Guide telling him that a signature is now required on ammo shipments to Kali. They told him this started about a week ago, but didn't tell him if the state is requiring it or just SG. He ordered some 7.62x39 and they called to confirm and to tell him it would be an extra $2.00 for UPS to get his sig. SG had some Brown Bear soft point for 98.00/1000 so I jumped on it and then called him to get some ordered. I got an E-mail saying the order was cancelled because they ran out. HE gets the confirming call even though I ordered before him! He gets 2000 rds. of SP, and I get nuttin'! :mad:

grammaton76
10-31-2006, 4:31 PM
Sportsman's Guide.

They're notorious for enforcing arbitrary policies on Californians. I guarantee you that what happened, was that they saw the proposed law that never made it, and decided they were going to "play it safe" and act as if it were on the books.

Most of the folks on here refuse to support them in any way, shape, or form.

JH2
11-05-2006, 8:08 AM
Never had to sign for ammo. I didn't have to for the order that came in on Wed. from J&G sales. SG does take it's rules to the extreme.

steel-cut
11-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Never had to sign for ammo. I didn't have to for the order that came in on Wed. from J&G sales. SG does take it's rules to the extreme.

Sportsman's Guide = anti California.... Enough said

johnny_22
11-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Doesn't matter if it is ammo or not (ground or overnight).

Maybe it is a difference between residence and business deliveries.

NeoWeird
11-05-2006, 12:55 PM
They wouldn't sell a AR pistol grip as pistol grips are illegal in California, and they wouldn't sell an AR removable sight because it was an M16 part.

They're ****ing clown shoes.

chunger
11-05-2006, 3:52 PM
I now get my ammo from Dillon Precision :)

jumbopanda
11-05-2006, 3:57 PM
Boycott sportsman's guide, they are run by a bunch of putzes :mad:

socalsteve
11-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Hmmm, I orderred some ammo from SG on Oct. 17th and it was left at my front door...no signature required - that was a couple of weeks before the original post tho.

I have never had problems orderring from SG - some of the best prices on handgun ammo I have found.

chickenfried
11-13-2006, 4:40 PM
outdoormarksmen(miwall) has the following notice
OMC Shipping Policy: All AMMUNITION orders received before 3pm on Monday through Friday are shipped the same day. All orders are shipped ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED. For complete shipping information please visit our OMC Shipping Policies page.

joe4702
11-13-2006, 6:18 PM
Arnold vetoed that mail order bill. Just CYA by corporate lawyers. Cheaper Than Dirt plays games like this, too. The restrictions and hassles are bad enough without vendors adding to it.

M. Sage
11-13-2006, 9:41 PM
My son in San Diego called me this morning and said that he had gotten a phone call from Sportsman's Guide telling him that a signature is now required on ammo shipments to Kali. They told him this started about a week ago, but didn't tell him if the state is requiring it or just SG. He ordered some 7.62x39 and they called to confirm and to tell him it would be an extra $2.00 for UPS to get his sig. SG had some Brown Bear soft point for 98.00/1000 so I jumped on it and then called him to get some ordered. I got an E-mail saying the order was cancelled because they ran out. HE gets the confirming call even though I ordered before him! He gets 2000 rds. of SP, and I get nuttin'! :mad:

I get those notices from UPS when I order from SPG and Cheaper Than Dirt, too. The driver always just signs it for me and leaves it sitting on the porch, whether I'm home or not.

chris
11-13-2006, 10:38 PM
forget SG i wait for the gun show and buy my ammo there and other stuff. forget mail order ammo. the only thing i order by mail or internet is bullets i can't get over the counter for my mauser that i reload.

DDs Ranch
11-15-2006, 4:28 AM
I can't really blame anyone for wanting a signature for delivery. Federal law mandates that the legal age to purchase long gun ammunition is 18 and handgun ammunition is 21. By requiring an adult signature, this ensures that it is not directly placed in the hands of a minor

five.five-six
11-15-2006, 5:26 AM
i had to sign for a dpms .308 magazine.. guy said he was "locked out" and i could not just sign the stickey pad notice