PDA

View Full Version : Ffl

Mike61982
03-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm curious is there an ffl license, that would allow me to purchase high cap mags in California.. if there is, what is the procedure, for me to purchase this...

Santa Cruz Armory
03-26-2011, 1:00 PM
Obtain your FFL01 or FFL07 and apply for your high cap mag permit from CA DOJ, plus a TON of other costs and hoops to jump through.

Hardly worth the trouble just to have standard cap. mags. If you had any clue what it took to get your FFL01 or FFL07 I bet you'd reconsider.

Cokebottle
03-26-2011, 1:17 PM
Not for a private individual who doesn't own a business.
To get an 01 or 07, you have to have a business license and own a gun shop. Catch-22, because the BATFE won't issue until you have the business license.
Then after you receive your FFL, you may then apply for the various California permits that allow you to deal with high-caps, assault weapons, etc....

Ya... it's not worth it just to obtain a dozen or so mags for personal use.

Mike61982
03-27-2011, 4:56 AM
Yep thanks for the info. Well I agree its not worth it for the heartache and headaches to go threw. Ill just wait till they get rid of the high cap ban because its not constitutional. But thanks again...

Southwest Chuck
03-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Yep thanks for the info. Well I agree its not worth it for the heartache and headaches to go threw. Ill just wait till they get rid of the high cap ban because its not constitutional. Gene starts selling them. :D...

Fixed it for ya ! :43: