PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to an FFL

Fear58
03-25-2011, 2:18 PM
So I just got off the phone with my local FFL about a gun broker purchase. I've never completed a gun broker purchase so this is all pretty new to me. He told me it was a simple $75 charge. I forgot to ask if I simply have it ship to his shop. I assume so... he'll know it was mine?

Also, do most shops keep HSC's on hand?

Thanks!

morrcarr67
03-25-2011, 3:19 PM
You will need to send a copy of the FFL receiving the gun to the person shipping the gun.

The shipping person should make note the the gun is for you.

Call your FFL to see if he has HSC in stock.

Inkman
03-25-2011, 3:34 PM
So I just got off the phone with my local FFL about a gun broker purchase. I've never completed a gun broker purchase so this is all pretty new to me. He told me it was a simple $75 charge. I forgot to ask if I simply have it ship to his shop. I assume so... he'll know it was mine?

Also, do most shops keep HSC's on hand?

Thanks!

Your receiving FFL needs to fax or email a copy of his FFL to the person/FFL shipping the gun to him. Make sure the shipper puts your name somewhere so that your receiving FFL knows who it's for. I've had stuff shipped in with nothing on it and the only reason my FFL knew it was for me was because we'd talked about it beforehand.

When it arrives, your FFL should let you know and you go down and do the DROS and wait ten days. Done deal.

Al

paul0660
03-25-2011, 3:35 PM
If it is a dealer out of state he needs to jump through another hoop....CFLC?

Oceanbob
03-25-2011, 3:40 PM
They may already have your FFL in their system. They had mine.

GoingQuiet
03-25-2011, 4:24 PM
If it is a dealer out of state he needs to jump through another hoop....CFLC?

Yes.

However if it is an individual - it can be shipped to an FFL without CFLC.