PDA

View Full Version : Are All LPK the same?

duc748bip
03-25-2011, 1:01 PM
I mean there are NM trigger and such, but I usually just buys what is on the shelf. usually DPMS but are they all the same or is there any inside secrete that i do not know of?

themailman
03-25-2011, 1:03 PM
Ive found that the DPMS kits usually have a few out of spec parts, mainly the roll pins. The trigger is atrocious on my DPMS LPK. Ive used G&R kits which were very nice. I think CMT actually makes most of them but Im not 100% sure.

AeroEngi
03-25-2011, 1:08 PM
Just get a DPMS LPK and then you can always upgrade to a better trigger later. I do have to agree that the roll pins are over sized and are a ***** to get in but its possible.

themailman
03-25-2011, 1:09 PM
Just get a DPMS LPK and then you can always upgrade to a better trigger later. I do have to agree that the roll pins are over sized and are a ***** to get in but its possible.

True, they are a good value if you plan on replacing the FCG at a later time.

shark92651
03-25-2011, 1:26 PM
I also have found that the DPMS roll pins are sometimes the hardest to install - other than that, there is not much difference in any of them. We carry the JP kit without trigger, which is a good one to pick up if you are buying or already have an upgraded trigger.

Droppin Deuces
03-25-2011, 1:30 PM
I also have found that the DPMS roll pins are sometimes the hardest to install - other than that, there is not much difference in any of them. We carry the JP kit without trigger, which is a good one to pick up if you are buying or already have an upgraded trigger.

I was actually just about to pull the trigger on that one.

Of my non-two stage triggers, I like my Stag the most. Whoever makes those, just keep doing what you're doing. That thing is so smooth. Feels much better than the one that came in the LMT lower.

Outta Control
03-25-2011, 1:31 PM
I have installed and used LPK from DD, RR, and Spikes. They are all different but I am sure DPMS OEM's their LPK to other brands. Out of the list I have the RR 2-stage is my fav. DD is great but it has a too heavy pull for my liking. The Spikes Enhanced is a bit of a disappointment. It pulled at 8.4 lbs so I installed a JP Performance kit spring kit on it and it feels lighter.

stormy_clothing
03-25-2011, 2:11 PM
no anything shipped from BCM is worth twice as much money for no reason.

CK_32
03-25-2011, 2:16 PM
Not all but most are yes.

And I have a DPMS and havnt had any problems with installation or function what so ever. Other may have had bad luck but mine works fine and IMO it's a great LPK. hold up with the others.

And all the other DPMS LPK owners I know love them too and would highly recommend getting one.

RRichie09
03-25-2011, 2:17 PM
LWRC makes one with an "upgraded" LPK.

From LWRCi.com
"No pistol grip (where do all those unused A2 grips go?) but each kit does include our Enhanced Fire Control Group. Plus, let’s not overlook the small things; for example, each hammer and trigger casting is x-ray inspected for inclusions prior to machining per the mil-spec, how many people can say that?"

It costs $110 though and there mixed reviews on it.

I don't understand. Part of the popularity of BCM is that they don't charge you an arm and a leg for quality parts.

CK_32
03-25-2011, 2:18 PM

You mean direct or BCM in general? Cause bravo company USA sells BCM uppers for cheaper than all other uppers I've looked at.. And IMO BCM blows them out of the water.

If you are talking about from BCM direct I wouldn't know never bight direct from them

CK_32
03-25-2011, 2:41 PM

You mean direct or BCM in general? Cause bravo company USA sells BCM uppers for cheaper than all other uppers I've looked at.. And IMO BCM blows them out of the water.

If you are talking about from BCM direct I wouldn't know never bought direct from them.

steve92407
03-25-2011, 2:47 PM
hard to beat palmetto state armory, lpk, moe mil stock ,tube, buffer, trigger guard,moe grip all colors.nice complete kit for 139.

shark92651
03-25-2011, 2:58 PM

If you are talking about from BCM direct I wouldn't know never bought direct from them.

Complete RifleGear cold hammer forged uppers are cheaper than comparable BCM hammer forged uppers, and the specs are identical.

rareair
03-25-2011, 3:08 PM
I've only built 7 lowers using DPMS LPKs exclusively. I haven't had any trouble installing the pins, but maybe I've gotten lucky.

AeroEngi
03-25-2011, 3:10 PM
I've only built 7 lowers using DPMS LPKs exclusively. I haven't had any trouble installing the pins, but maybe I've gotten lucky.

I only had trouble installing the roll pin for the trigger guard. Took me about 5 to 10 minutes to get that sucker in there. The roll pin for the bolt catch literally installed in 30 seconds.

AlliedArmory
03-25-2011, 3:31 PM
Generally they are all the same.

I have installed with Daniel Defense, RRA, CMMG, DSA and Spike's and they all worked and installed fine.

One RRA kit was missing a part, but they shipped out a replacement asap.