PDA

View Full Version : NAGR credibility and notifications

beaster
03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Received a notification from the National Assoc. for Gun Rights. Actually, been receiving stuff from them for some time now, and posted some notification information here at CGN in several forum discussions only to have it dismissed outright or find out the information lagged behind reality. The latest one states the the ATF is trying an end-around to ban tactical shotguns. It also presents a slippery slope argument that this will eventually lead to a ban on all shotguns. It goes on to a sales pitch to buy a tactical shotgun and accessories book, where a portion of the proceeds will go to NAGR to help fight the good fight. FUD? I'd rather my money goes to CGF and CRPA/NRA to be honest. I think somehow this group is associated with Campaign for Liberty, their emails and petitions and donation requests look the same.

Lone_Gunman
03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
What have they accomplished? What has the CGF accomplished? Donate accordingly.

berto
03-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Ignore them and keep donating to folks who actually do something.

stix213
03-25-2011, 12:11 PM
They're referring to the ATF shotgun study that's currently open to comment. Its discussed in the below thread. I'm unclear on what NAGR is planning to do about it. I'd think if you donated to the NRA you'd get more bang for your buck fighting against this specific action.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=413070

What have they accomplished? What has the CGF accomplished? Donate accordingly.

The CGF isn't going to jump into this specific fight. Though donate to the CGF to fight the California centric issues.