PDA

View Full Version : Any other single-stage besides Timney?

billdoodoo
03-25-2011, 9:43 AM
I'm getting a good trigger for my AR-10, I'm looking for a single-stage and the only option I know is the Timney. I have a Timney in my AR-15 and I'm quite pleased with it. But before I order one, maybe there's a single-stage trigger out there that's better than a Timney that I don't know about. My rifle is a lightweight build and definitely not a bench rifle, planning to use it in the future for drills and mid-range shooting mostly.

IPSICK
03-25-2011, 9:48 AM
AR Gold!!!!!!

and JP :)

Coded-Dude
03-25-2011, 9:49 AM
IIRC Chip McCormick has a drop in single stage.

meangreen46
03-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Geissele Super 3 Gun....works great.

http://geissele.com/super3guns3gtrigger.aspx

Barbarossa
03-25-2011, 10:04 AM
i Think Timney must make their out of gold, but I've really been trying to justify one.

Mute
03-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Wilson Combat has their TTU single stage.

steve92407
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
agree super 3 gun is the sweetest of singles.if you want go 2 stage the jewell is best on the bench .easy cam adjust 1 to 7 pounds.i have tried most of them and those are my favorites. if your tight on cash a rra 2 stage is hard to beat got 1500 rounds on one and it is a great improvement over a mil trigger.

killshot44
03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
A lot of happy customers of Bill Springfield. You send him your stock trigger and he does his magic and sends it back with the weight you want. Also mods the hammer and upgrades the springs. All work under $60.
I have one of his 2.5lb ones and it breaks very cleanly with no take-up. Also had a 4lb, same performance.

http://www.triggerwork.net/ar15s.html

He is in Colorado Springs and does a lot of triggers for the Air Force Academy armorers.

RONIN.
03-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Wilson Combat has their TTU single stage.

a great trigger.. pricey, but well worth the price.. have one in my 308 carbine.. much better then the rra nm that it replaced..

billdoodoo
03-25-2011, 5:04 PM
has anybody tried this?(not sure if it is single or 2-stage):

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2565

Steve1968LS2
03-25-2011, 5:42 PM
Wilson Combat has a single stage trigger.. I have it in my AR and love it.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical-Trigger-Unit-Single-Stage-Semi-Auto/productinfo/TR-TTU/?gclid=COHwp_qM66cCFQgHbAodtg0jaw

Shop around for a better price.. I got mine at Brownells with a cupon code :)

Mute
03-25-2011, 6:05 PM
has anybody tried this?(not sure if it is single or 2-stage):

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2565

There are several variations of that trigger. I have the SD3G which is close to a single stage style trigger. Very quick reset. It's a very good trigger for a 3 gun type setup or something where you want quick follow up shots.

email
03-25-2011, 6:29 PM
AR Gold <----"WINNING"

capitol
03-25-2011, 6:30 PM
Any other single-stage besides Timney?

The simple answer is no. Bill Springfield's tg work is better then nothing if your short on funds

and Geissele Super 3 Gun isnt a single stage

captbilly
03-25-2011, 7:46 PM
I have a JARD AR-10 trigger that I used for a while on my DPMS compatible LR-308. It feels great and worked great. The only thing I do not like about single stage AR triggers is that they generally seem to have to trade off hammer spring power for a light pull. As I said, the JARD felt great, almost as good as the Geissele, but the lock time on the JARD is much longer due to the light hammer spring. I ran the JARD at 2 lbs. and it was always safe and had the fully adjustable settings allowed me to have no overtravel, almost zero creep (you can never actually have zero) and no takeup. If you go with a JARD I would recommend getting some KNS pins, probably in the slightly oversize, size. The standard trigger system pins on ARs are just too loose to work well with a really carefully adjusted trigger.

If you want a JARD I could sell you mine for a very good price. I fired it about 100 times so it is virtually brand new. Like you I thought I wanted a single stage trigger (it's what I am used to) but I discovered that a single stage trigger on an auto loader just involves too many compromises for serious target work. I now use the Gieselle adjustable match trigger on my LR-308. It really works great, has a very fast lock time (for an autoloader), crisp letoff, very smooth. Probably the best AR style trigger for target work.

steve92407
03-25-2011, 9:09 PM
quote"Geissele Super 3 Gun isnt a single stage" Wow your right its not a true single stage true to a mechanical defination. but according my dumb a**finger and the geissele website it sure feels like it.the op did not differentiate between mechanics and feel.

The Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) trigger is a semi-automatic-only derivative of the two-stage Super Select-Fire (SSF) combat trigger that Geissele Automatics produces for customers in the U.S. Special Operations Community. The S3G was developed to combine the SSF combat trigger’s match-grade semi-automatic performance with its smooth single-stage full-automatic feel to make a fast, smooth, and robust trigger ideal for 3 Gun competition shooting.