PDA

View Full Version : So...when can we expect the sale forum up?

Charliegone
10-29-2006, 11:16 PM
First off, great job getting this thing up. Thanks a bunch. One question though. Will we ever see the for sale section up again? Or am I speaking too soon?:D Some of us are just dying to know.

Okami
10-30-2006, 2:54 AM
+1:D

~Okami

50ae
10-30-2006, 3:02 AM
Ditto, at least for accessories if nothing else.

NeoWeird
10-30-2006, 7:48 AM
no offense, but give it time. Let's give Kestryll, and anyone else involved, the time needed to get the site up and working properly in the way it is currently configured before we have them go and start altering things.

Kestryll
10-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Given a bit of time to look into some things let me quote my financial advisor, the 8 Ball.

'Signs look positive'

Nefarious
10-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Given a bit of time to look into some things let me quote my financial advisor, the 8 Ball.

'Signs look positive'

Thats the most direct inderect answer about a sale section... since they went away :D

Kestryll
10-30-2006, 1:12 PM
Thats the most direct inderect answer about a sale section... since they went away :D

I'm studying for a career in politics but I think I messed up.
You knew I was talking about the For Sale section so something must have been too obvious....

Back to the Clinton School of Obfuscation...

NeoWeird
10-30-2006, 4:24 PM
Clinton was so smooth; he could lie right to your face. He could stand here, look you in the eye, and say "I am not here. What is here? Isn't 'here' just 'there' without the t?"

Kestryll
10-30-2006, 6:51 PM
Okay, joking aside I intend to run things as transparently as is prudent, y'all ain't gonna know everything but you'll know as much as I can share.

With that in mind I will let you know that yes, I do intend to reopen the For Sale section once I have worked out some details of liabilities, staff and such.

I'm not sure when but it will happen.

PanzerAce
10-30-2006, 8:43 PM
Okay, joking aside I intend to run things as transparently as is prudent, y'all ain't gonna know everything but you'll know as much as I can share.

With that in mind I will let you know that yes, I do intend to reopen the For Sale section once I have worked out some details of liabilities, staff and such.

I'm not sure when but it will happen.

cool, that was where I found a great deal on a 700 PSS in .308 (I was an idiot and passed it up though :()

NRAhighpowershooter
10-30-2006, 9:04 PM
For Sale section??? Why 2 weeks of course!!!!!

metalhead357
10-30-2006, 10:47 PM
And NO Beef jerky sales please:p

Let me know Kestryll if'n ya' want another hand to mod;)

Pulsar
10-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Yeah, can't wait to have that for sale section back up. I've got poor college student syndrome and stuff to get rid of :(

metalhead357
10-30-2006, 11:08 PM
I've got poor college student syndrome and stuff to get rid of :(

Any scantily clad co-eds for cheap? LOL! JUST KIDDING!!! MY wife will kill me!!!! LOL

NRAhighpowershooter
10-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Buy more guns Metalhead357!!!!! then when the wife kills you I can have her ALL for myself!!!!!!! :D

Charliegone
10-31-2006, 8:01 PM
I need more ak's for my collection...:D I didn't mean to be pushy, just asking.:D

Santa Cruz Armory
10-31-2006, 8:26 PM
Yeah, can't wait to have that for sale section back up. I've got poor college student syndrome and stuff to get rid of :(

Go to www.GunsCal.com and list them there.

metalhead357
10-31-2006, 11:50 PM
Go to www.GunsCal.com (http://www.GunsCal.com) and list them there.

DEFINITELY a good site ((ok, shameless plug:D ))

But of the Wifey factor; She's actually pretty cool when it comes to guns & buying and selling (most of time:rolleyes: ) but we just had to buy a new car so you know the rest....times are tight, blah, blah LOL (As you hear a GIANT WONK to the back of Metalhead's head as his wife reads this over his shoulder:eek: )

Metalhead will return when he has again achieved consciousness.......

1hotshooter
11-01-2006, 8:08 PM
Buying too many guns here might accomplish the same thing. And to make matters worse, she might even have access to things that can conveniently kill you.

Therefore I suggest some alternatives: You could buy a new wife here. Or you could let your wife buy her guns here.
QUOTE]

What's worse is when the wife likes to shoot as much as you and asks for the same expensive items you wanted .... for yourself! :cool:

grammaton76
11-02-2006, 3:49 AM
What's worse is when the wife likes to shoot as much as you and asks for the same expensive items you wanted .... for yourself! :cool:

I think what's even worse is when the girlfriend, not even wife yet, makes moon eyes at an Aimpoint setup that costs more than your most expensive rifle!

Think she's over that stage though - now she's just pushing me to move so she can have a Thompson SBR. :eek:

five.five-six
11-02-2006, 4:22 AM
***Warning Warning Warning Warning***

once she gets the ring of power you may end up like me. I get to spend about .5-.75% of my grose income on guns... there are those who think the loard of the rings was about wwII.... nope

Joe
11-04-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

chunger
11-05-2006, 12:53 AM
This rocks.

Thanks for getting the for sale forum back up! I've purchased 100% of my very very small collection here.

ivanimal
11-05-2006, 1:21 AM
You boys dont waste any time do you?:D

m1371
11-05-2006, 2:56 AM
Well crap..... There goes the bank account.

Black Majik
11-06-2006, 8:08 PM
Thanks Kestryll!

SemiAutoSam
11-06-2006, 8:20 PM
***Warning Warning Warning Warning***

once she gets the ring of power you may end up like me. I get to spend about .5-.75% of my gross income on guns... there are those who think the lord of the rings was about wwII.... nope

Here my avatar will show you what happened to the ring. and for those that want to see the pic larger here it is.

The name of the pic somehow changed from what it was where it was parked to when I uploaded it to the board.

The original name was "FRODO FAILED.JPG

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1940&stc=1&d=1162872966

grammaton76
11-06-2006, 8:28 PM
once she gets the ring of power you may end up like me. I get to spend about .5-.75% of my grose income on guns... there are those who think the loard of the rings was about wwII.... nope

Sooner or later, girlfriends all become ring wraiths and seek out the ring of power.

The trick is, buy all your reloading gear while they're girlfriends and before they become wives - then you can buy all the reloading dies and such because it's "just to avoid the biiig expense of buying new ammo". ;)

I've just ordered my 45ACP + 40S&W reloading setups, and my gf actually gave me 5.7x28mm dies for my birthday, to help feed one of my recent acquisitions. For the record, I don't own any FN handguns. :)

Bryan Whited
11-10-2006, 9:54 PM
The for sale places are were lots of friends are made.

m1aowner
11-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Awesome! It's back. I think I'm going to cry. Guess this marks the end of Gunscal.

califcowboy
11-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Awesome! It's back. I think I'm going to cry. Guess this marks the end of Gunscal.

Why can't we have both? There's enough love to go around.

metalhead357
11-11-2006, 3:00 PM

Nope! We're there to stay...and as the last outage :( proved (to some) there IS a need for a secondary venue- if not at least an emergency one!

Kestryll
11-11-2006, 7:11 PM
There is no reason for it to be Calguns or.. Gunscal or... each board has a different feel and focus but they both are working towards the betterment of things for the California shooter.
Some see it as a 'rivalry' or adversarial situation but we have much the same membership and much the same uderlying interest.

Working together we are stonger than if we fight amongst ourselves.

metalhead357
11-11-2006, 8:22 PM

Well said! and anyone doing the google fu looking for Cali and guns has a better chance of finding one...and then the other!:D

m1aowner
11-13-2006, 1:04 AM
Let's all sing along shall we.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PhAGwd-3Qo

There is no reason for it to be Calguns or.. Gunscal or... each board has a different feel and focus but they both are working towards the betterment of things for the California shooter.
Some see it as a 'rivalry' or adversarial situation but we have much the same membership and much the same uderlying interest.

DDs Ranch
11-17-2006, 4:29 AM
Glad to see the for sale forum is back up!!!

xrMike
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM

Working together we are stonger than if we fight amongst ourselves.No! Absolutely not! There MUST be conflict, and if there must be conflict, let the Internet be our last battlefield!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7b/STLastBattle.jpg