PDA

View Full Version : TINY movement of 2 piece rail system...

GunzNHoses89
03-24-2011, 8:06 PM
Hello all, I have a Stag Arms 3H complete upper half. I installed a Diamondhead USA 2 piece quad rail. It seems to shift SLIGHTLY when i grip and twist it. I can hardly see any movement, but I can feel it, its there. I have an MI BUIS gasblock flip up front sight to put on this rifle. Anyone think that the bit of quad rail movement will be an issue? Once again, sights on the gas block, not the rail, should be ok, right? Thanks, sorry if its a dumb question, im a AR n00b...

tomd1584
03-24-2011, 8:22 PM
if its not a free float, i dont see the issue. drop in handguards sometimes have play.

steve92407
03-24-2011, 8:24 PM
that is why you have it correctly mounted on the gas block.

GunzNHoses89
03-24-2011, 8:34 PM
that is why you have it correctly mounted on the gas block.

Thanks. I have magpul MBUS gen 2 I intended to mount on the rail, but with the movement and the fact I decided to shoot off my irons for a while, I wanted to take the movement out of the equation and got MI flip ups, with the front a gas block mounted sight. That movement still bugs my OCD though, lol...

Arteel
03-24-2011, 8:37 PM
If it bugs ya that bad, get a DD drop in or free float it!

Thanks. I have magpul MBUS gen 2 I intended to mount on the rail, but with the movement and the fact I decided to shoot off my irons for a while, I wanted to take the movement out of the equation and got MI flip ups, with the front a gas block mounted sight. That movement still bugs my OCD though, lol...

shark92651
03-24-2011, 8:49 PM
Dude, that has nothing to do with it. It doesn't even mount on the gas block.

I believe he was referring to his front sight being correctly mounted on his gas block.

Arteel
03-24-2011, 8:59 PM
I completely misread. Lol, I stand corrected.

I believe he was referring to his front sight being correctly mounted on his gas block.

GunzNHoses89
03-24-2011, 9:01 PM
If it bugs ya that bad, get a DD drop in or free float it!

I think I'll get over it. Still waiting for the ol money tree to grow :) but first build, you know, gotta be perfect...ocdocdocdocd...lol, thanks everyone...

steve92407
03-24-2011, 9:02 PM
the op stated twice that his sight is his gas block.he questioned if his new loose 2 piece rail would cause any ill effect dude.

GunzNHoses89
03-24-2011, 9:18 PM
the op stated twice that his sight is his gas block.he questioned if his new loose 2 piece rail would cause any ill effect dude.

Just to clarify, I planned on mounting Magpul MBUS on the rail. Found out that the rail has some movement, and now I also want to run irons for a while. Got Midwest Industries flip ups, with the front mounting to the railed gas block, just to take the rail movement out of the equation. Just bugging me, wanted to see if I was on the right page.

Thanks to all for the help, sorry if I was confusing. LAUSD, gotta love it...;)

djleisure
03-24-2011, 9:45 PM
AFAIK, it is not recommended to place Magpul MBUS on a gas block. Maybe they corrected that with the latest version, but that was definitely a no go with the v1's. Probably not a big deal either way, unless you're popping off a lot of rounds, but just be aware of it. Oh, also, your gas block is rail-height, right? If not, the MBUS will be way off...

djleisure
03-24-2011, 9:47 PM
^^^^Aww cr*p, never mind me, I just re-read what you posted and I'm on an iPad and can't edit or delete :( Carry on, nothing to see here.... :)

steve92407
03-24-2011, 9:50 PM
forget the plastic. mi flips are rock solid,my son has them. i like troy hk