PDA

View Full Version : CZ 452 grinding

MASTERLAB
03-24-2011, 2:03 PM
just took my new cz452 to the range and fired about 250 rounds through it, the thing is awsome, very accurate, was going to shoot more, but it looks like there is some grinding of metal, i can see the dust where the bolt comes out, is this normal during break in, was shooting cci mini-mag

Izzy43
03-24-2011, 2:20 PM
Tolerances are CZs are pretty tight. The bolt in my UltraLux was very tight when I first got her. Cleaned it, oiled it and shot the rifle. After about 1000 rounds the bolt felt really good. Better than having a loose, sloppy bolt. If it doesn't smooth out I'd give CZ a call. Never had the dust/grinding issue, just tight.

Check out the bottom of the bolt for any burrs.

FeuerFrei
03-24-2011, 2:21 PM
CZ owner here.
Sounds normal. 250 rds will dirty things up.
Is the dust metal or unburned powder? Could be lead shavings from the mag scraping the bullet. If the stuff is in the receiver. (22cal only)
These things are test fired at the factory and shipped out. Not cleaned afterward.
You did a bolt break down and swabbed out all of the nooks and crannies in the receiver before shooting?
My CZ is a 17 HMR and it is a great shooter.
Good choice on a great rifle!

MASTERLAB
03-24-2011, 3:44 PM
cleaned before shooting, not sure if its metal or unburnt powder, didnt find any burrs on the bolt, the bolt did seem a little rough, ill try to shoot a few more rounds through it, if it continues or doesnt smooth out, ill give cz a call

rojocorsa
03-24-2011, 4:06 PM
Just shoot it and you should be good to go. I say this as a CZ owner starting 29 December 2010.

The very first time I cycled that action, it was so rough I was like, "WTF did I just buy?!?" It takes a while for these parts to break in. Put on a little oil and it should be good to go.

Jim McCoin
03-24-2011, 5:10 PM
Keep shooting it, keep cleaning it, it will be just fine. I have never seen or heard of one grinding metal.

I own two and have worked on fifteen bolts.

Jim

Kryptyde
03-25-2011, 7:52 AM
Just shoot it and you should be good to go. I say this as a CZ owner starting 29 December 2010.

The very first time I cycled that action, it was so rough I was like, "WTF did I just buy?!?" It takes a while for these parts to break in. Put on a little oil and it should be good to go.

Yes, that. I have put a few bricks through my CZ and its smooth as silk now.

donw
03-25-2011, 10:09 AM
it's probably just "swarf" generated by shooting.

you're not experiencing cracked cases are you?

my CZ's, as the Germans would say are : "Guten tight".

shoot, enjoy, keep clean and keep an eye on it until 'break in' is completed.

outstanding rifles.

dwh100
03-25-2011, 7:07 PM
Place your rifle in your lap, unloaded, and work your bolt open and closed a bunch as you watch tv. The gritiness will work out, and the tacks will be smoothly driven home your next time out!

MASTERLAB
03-26-2011, 5:44 PM
re-cleaned my rifle and took her out to the range again, after another hundred rounds it was smooth as silk the rest of the day, thanks for the support, just wish my range had a bit more distance

mkane
03-28-2011, 5:41 AM
My 453 did the same thing when new. Bit of lube on the lugs, good to go. No more flaking, very smooth now, probably near 1000 rounds.

usmcchet9296
03-28-2011, 7:20 AM
Mine was pretty tight and grindy when I got it but now its smooth as silk.