PDA

View Full Version : Santa Clara Countdown???

sfpcservice
03-24-2011, 1:13 PM
As indicated in the off topic thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=412386&page=4

Gene stated that we may have news in less than 12 hours. That's beyond the close of business obviously, so I'm just wondering which channel and hour of news should I be watching? :43:

wildhawker
03-24-2011, 1:20 PM
Stay tuned right here.

sfpcservice
03-24-2011, 1:23 PM
Stay tuned right here.

Please tell me corrupt "untouchable" politicians and public servants are going down in flames!!!!

bulgron
03-24-2011, 1:28 PM
Well I know I'm excited.

I'll bet this doesn't hit the mainstream media for at least a month, if it ever does.

taperxz
03-24-2011, 1:29 PM
Stay tuned right here.

Can i at least ask what the subject matter is on what we are waiting for in regards to this?

bulgron
03-24-2011, 1:39 PM
Can i at least ask what the subject matter is on what we are waiting for in regards to this?

If it's what I think it is, Sheriff Smith's CCW issuing policies and procedures have been proven to be, ummm.... how to put this?, a wee-bit incorrect.

racerguy180
03-24-2011, 1:44 PM
I sure as he*l hope that she chokes on the big 1!!!!!!

I am watching & waiting!

Erik

bulgron
03-24-2011, 1:48 PM
Of course, what happens relative to SCCSO is the main event. But I am also personally interested to see how long it takes the Mercury News to break the story, or even if they ever do. There have been many people over the years who have tried to get reporters for the Mercury News to cover the issues surrounding CCW permits at SCCSO, but the newspaper always squashes the story.

Will they be able to bury this story? Hmmm... Fascinating times.

Coded-Dude
03-24-2011, 1:52 PM
maybe someone should contact mercury and tell them there is news coming.....they may spin it in a way that we don't disagree with, but news is news.

bulgron
03-24-2011, 2:00 PM
maybe someone should contact mercury and tell them there is news coming.....they may spin it in a way that we don't disagree with, but news is news.

I can't tell you how many times I've been assured that this case will break "real soon now." I've been expecting this for over a year. I'd finally given up on it, figuring that people were just blowing a lot of smoke at me.

As a result, for me, the story isn't real until I see the official announcement. Besides, I'm pretty sure the lead attorney(s) in the case are quite capable of giving the Mercury News the heads-up.

Blackhawk556
03-24-2011, 2:23 PM
"Stayed tuned here" here on this thread? Or on cgn? I want to be tuned in the right channel, that's why I ask. =)

bulgron
03-24-2011, 2:43 PM
Past experience suggests that there will be a brand-new thread started when the announcement is made. The thread will probably be created in this sub-forum (the 2A Politics sub-forum).

p_shooter
03-24-2011, 2:45 PM
Of course, what happens relative to SCCSO is the main event. But I am also personally interested to see how long it takes the Mercury News to break the story, or even if they ever do. There have been many people over the years who have tried to get reporters for the Mercury News to cover the issues surrounding CCW permits at SCCSO, but the newspaper always squashes the story.

Will they be able to bury this story? Hmmm... Fascinating times.

Murky loves their Golden Girl. They gushed over her during the last election. They couldn't say enough good stuff about her.

sfpcservice
03-24-2011, 2:59 PM
"Stayed tuned here" here on this thread? Or on cgn? I want to be tuned in the right channel, that's why I ask. =)

I would assume it will be in it's own thread and this one will die a quick painless death. This isn't an official CGN notification thread and I'm not a Board Member, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Paladin
03-24-2011, 3:01 PM
Fewer than 8 hours to go!

How many fewer, I do not know.

What I do know is that we haven't had any really good CA announcements, that I can recall, since Dec when various counties were going "Time to Apply!" because of the Initiative, so I look forward to announcements of new offensives.

Past experience suggests that there will be a brand-new thread started when the announcement is made. The thread will probably be created in this sub-forum (the 2A Politics sub-forum).Hopefully Moderators will lock this thread at the same time so we don't have parallel discussions in competing threads.

blakdawg
03-24-2011, 4:05 PM
7_IKcMl_a9A

choprzrul
03-24-2011, 4:17 PM
7_IKcMl_a9A

Gubnent offices now closed. Countdown is done, now counting up to 2 weeks.

hoffmang
03-24-2011, 4:22 PM
:whistling: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=412790

-Gene

thedrickel
03-24-2011, 4:22 PM
IBTL!

yellowfin
03-24-2011, 4:32 PM
Nah, just merge them or put it in this one.

tuolumnejim
03-24-2011, 4:34 PM
Stay tuned right here.

Same Bat-time,same Bat-channel? :batman:

Paladin
03-24-2011, 4:41 PM
Hopefully Moderators will lock this thread at the same time so we don't have parallel discussions in competing threads.

Time to lock this thread. Gene posted a link to the new one in post #18 above.