PDA

View Full Version : Ask Mayor Bloomberg About Due Process

jdberger
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
You have the opportunity to ask Mayor Michael Bloomberg a few questions about due process. He will be appearing on WOR710 Radio between 6am and 10am on the John Gambling Show (http://www.wor710.com/pages/8292756.php?). Mayor Bloomberg will be taking questions.

You can ask Mayor Bloomberg about his plan to suspend Due Process for purchasers of firearms. (http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/23/new-gun-control-legislation-would-prohibit-those-arrested-but-not-convicted-of-drug-crimes-from-possessing-firearms/)

The Fix Gun Checks Act of 2011 would greatly expand the definition of those legally prohibited from owning firearms to include anyone who’s ever been arrested — even if never convicted or found guilty — for drug possession within a five-year period. The legislation is certainly troubling for those who want a “common sense” debate about drug decriminalization. And it would seem fears that any new national gun-control legislation would be used to limit the gun-rights of law-abiding citizens is at least partially justified.

Sponsored by New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer and introduced earlier this month, the expanded background checks bill includes a “clarification of the definition of drug abusers and drug addicts who are prohibited from possessing firearms.” Under Schumer’s bill, the definition of a “drug abuser” would include anyone with “an arrest for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past 5 years.”

Sponsored by New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer and introduced earlier this month, the expanded background checks bill includes a “clarification of the definition of drug abusers and drug addicts who are prohibited from possessing firearms.” Under Schumer’s bill, the definition of a “drug abuser” would include anyone with “an arrest for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past 5 years.”

You can email Mr. Gambling here. (http://www.wor710.com/pages/8743470.php)

I'll post a phone number as soon as I can find one.

TimRB
03-24-2011, 5:10 PM
When you're a billionaire, due process just seems to take care of itself.

Tim

cdtx2001
03-24-2011, 5:26 PM
When will these idiots quit beating around the bush and just say "We're coming for your guns, get used to it."

I also can't stand people/politicians/whoever that have no regard for presumed innocence. It seems they think that if you're arrested you're guilty.

N6ATF
03-24-2011, 6:09 PM
When will these idiots quit beating around the bush and just say "We're coming for your guns, get used to it."

I also can't stand people/politicians/whoever that have no regard for presumed innocence. It seems they think that if you're arrested you're guilty.

If you're a law-abider and arrested, you're guilty of not being one of their fellow criminals.

safewaysecurity
03-24-2011, 6:12 PM
Lol I hope people ask him some GOOD questions.

jdberger
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Hmph - still can't find any phone number. Hopefully they'll announce it during the show.

Note that the show will be streamed live (see the link above).

edsel6502
03-25-2011, 1:00 AM
hell freezes over.

I am in agreement with Helmke on this.

One78Shovel
03-25-2011, 4:01 AM
It's 5:05 local and the Mayor is coming up shortly.

-178S

jdberger
03-25-2011, 6:44 AM
I missed it.

Was there anything about Fix Gun Checks or MAIG?

jdberger
03-25-2011, 9:37 AM
Podcast is here. (http://www.wor710.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5227845)

Maestro Pistolero
03-25-2011, 11:02 AM
I just skipped through the entire podcast. Unless I somehow mossed a very brief segment, there was no mention of Mafia Against Guns In America, nor any discussion of proposed gun legislation.

goober
03-25-2011, 11:26 AM
I just skipped through the entire podcast. Unless I somehow mossed a very brief segment, there was no mention of Mafia Against Guns In America, nor any discussion of proposed gun legislation.

i listened halfheartedly to it in the background as well, and i don't think the topic came up either.