PDA

View Full Version : New Here from Gold Country

coop923
03-23-2011, 10:32 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I've been hanging around here a while and appreciate all the good information and input from the members here at CalGuns.net.

I've been a lifelong shooter, gun enthusiast, Californian, Tuolumne County resident, outdoorsman, hunter, etc., and my family's been around here for going on 160 years, so I have no plans of leaving anytime soon. Since we don't live in the most favorable climate as far as preservation of our 2nd Amendment rights is concerned, I'll do what I can to help maintain (or regain) our RKBA in the Golden State. It looks like this might be the best place to keep up with what's going on here at the state level.

Aside from my own hunting and shooting endeavors, raising sons, collecting and storing Jeep parts, doing 3-D archery, working, and spending as much time in the outdoors as I can, I'm a scout leader and a trap coach for our local high school's trap team.

Getting youth involved in and enjoying the shooting sports is one of the best things we can do to prevent our rights from further eroding. Our Local Club has over 60 youth between 10 and 18 practicing every week and gearing up for the competitive season; many of them will be voters before you know it.:D

That's it for now -I'm looking forward to spending some time here.

Anchors
03-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the party man. haha.

Check out the "2A laws/politics" forum on this site.
There is a lot of good information on ongoing California/Federal gun rights related issues/cases on there.

Also, check out the CalGunsFoundation. Along with various national groups (NRA/SAF/etc) they are doing a lot of great things for us.

Thanks for joining.

bsg
03-24-2011, 3:03 AM
welcome to the forum.

mikaarce
03-24-2011, 6:00 AM
Welcome, and enjoy.

den888
03-24-2011, 7:06 AM
Welcome!

DeanW66
03-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Welcome aboard! Also look around for a thread from Oaklander, where he is looking for assistance from Tuolumne county residents.

ETA: Found it (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=407648).

Which Way Out
03-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes Welcome

.22guy
03-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Welcome to Calguns! :)

zod
03-24-2011, 7:12 PM
Welcome aboard Coop. Good to have you here.