PDA

View Full Version : MonsterMan Grip

MonsterMan
10-29-2006, 8:56 AM
Hello all. Just thought I would put a little add for the MonsterMan Grip on here.

You can get them from Ten Percent Firearms (http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=146)or Cold War Shooters (http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=198&zenid=10e3616452aaee6ce85c566e9003a52d).

Remember they are not approved by CADOJ so use responsibly and at own risk. You cannot have any SB23 features on your semi-auto detachable mag rifles.

MM

DJMAN
10-29-2006, 9:41 AM
Great job MM! Now I need one for a FAL. I own the other two and now I need another family member (FAL) with a MM grip.:D Anybody else need one?

MonsterMan
10-29-2006, 9:47 AM
Great job MM! Now I need one for a FAL. I own the other two and now I need another family member (FAL) with a MM grip.:D Anybody else need one?

I will look into making the FAL grip in the near future. I will let you guys know when I start.

MM

Socal858
10-29-2006, 11:04 AM
just got mine from coldwar. pretty sweet well made units!

Rascal
10-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Remember they are not approved by CADOJ so use responsibly and at own risk. You cannot have any SB23 features on your semi-auto detachable mag rifles.

MM
Hi, Please refresh my mind here. Is it not CALDOJ approved because they(DOJ) don't think it meets some rule, or is it not approved because they will not rule on it?
I'd really like to use my standard cap mags on my OLL. My FAL's are easy enough to use stripper clips, but I also have standard cap mags for them too

Joe
10-29-2006, 12:19 PM
they will never approve anything that will help us. the best response we get from them is they think its legal but the 58 DA's might still prosecute you.

MonsterMan
10-29-2006, 1:10 PM
Hi, Please refresh my mind here. Is it not CALDOJ approved because they(DOJ) don't think it meets some rule, or is it not approved because they will not rule on it?
I'd really like to use my standard cap mags on my OLL. My FAL's are easy enough to use stripper clips, but I also have standard cap mags for them too

When I spoke with them, they said it was a protruding grip. I told him that it was, but it did not allow for a "pistol style grasp". He said it was up to the 58 DA's out there. None of this is documented. It was just a phone call in reference to a picture he recieved showing the grip. I don't believe they are ever going to approve any device that will enable to use these rifles legally. They don't want these rifles in the state, so why should they help us.

There is a very clear definition of what a pistol grip is.
"pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

The MMG does not allow a "pistol style grasp". I have not heard any bad things about them being legal. Doesn't mean that they won't try to come after them someday. Right now they are going after the fixed mag builds. These definitions were written so the regular person can define and understand them. I don't know any person who is a shooter that would call this grip a pistol grip. The MMG allows a "rifle style grasp".

If you do use one, be as SB23 compliant as you can. Don't use fixed collapsable stocks, use standard A2 stocks. Especially with the AK's use standard stocks.

I made this grip for the people who did not want to go with the fixed mag config. I don't want to imply that the grip is legal or illegal in any way. It is up to you the user to read and understand the law and to choose whether or not it is something you want to use. It is only an accessory, the end user defines it's legality. So play safe and be carefull.

MM

Rascal
10-29-2006, 1:32 PM
MM,
Thanks for the reply. I do agree with your interpreatation, that the MMG does hold up the the letter of the law. I also believe that you do not need permission by CALDOJ to make and sell these, as they do not break the law.
I might have to buy one of these, just to try out.
I used to shoot my FAL's without the pistol grip and used the detatchable mags, but it got old real fast and decided to fix the mag, so it would be easier to shoot.

savageevo
10-31-2006, 4:02 PM
hey monsterman, can you make a grip integrated into a butstock that you make so it would look like a standard rifle. I would definately get that.

10-31-2006, 7:41 PM
As would I; just a buttstock in the general shape of a "normal" rifle.

MonsterMan
10-31-2006, 8:21 PM
hey monsterman, can you make a grip integrated into a butstock that you make so it would look like a standard rifle. I would definately get that.

People have gotten the "Bell and Carlson" (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1866&title=AR-15+THUMBHOLE+BUTTSTOCK) thumbhole grip for the AR and filled in the hole. It looks pretty cool. I am not going to make any such item. If you want something like that, than you have to do it yourself. I have my hands full with the grips as they are. They are a little pricey though. $121.00 before tax and shipping. My grip is affordable at $35.00.

Post pics if you decide to do it.

MM

Mr.RoDiN
10-31-2006, 11:20 PM
I think rifles, with regular rifle stocks, have more of a "pistol grip" stock, than the monsterman grip. With regular rifles, you will be able to get your thumb around on the other side of the stock. You can't even do that with the monster man grip. If I was an LEO, I would never hastle anyone with a monsterman setup. But thats just me.:D

MonsterMan
11-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Both Ten Percent Firearms (http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5&zenid=975a92ada863b70fda00f99a1a6bf095) and Cold War Shooters (http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23&zenid=6f9ee9f5729a12bdae4b4a9aec06fd71) have the MMG's in stock. Just letting everyone know. The AK grips are finally there.

MM

PLINK
11-11-2006, 1:02 AM
Can you tell me what screw (size, thread pitch) you used for the AK MM grip? Let your vendors know (if you had not done so already) also so they could possibly stock them if they chose to.

I received the grips from 10% the other day and they look as nice as the AR MM grips. Nice work.

MonsterMan
11-11-2006, 7:32 AM
Can you tell me what screw (size, thread pitch) you used for the AK MM grip? Let your vendors know (if you had not done so already) also so they could possibly stock them if they chose to.

I received the grips from 10% the other day and they look as nice as the AR MM grips. Nice work.

The screw size: Metric Machine Screw "pan head" M6 x 40 Pitch 1.0

I got the one's I used from OSH Hardware.

MM

Socal858
11-11-2006, 1:13 PM
bright spot pawn also has them at times, i would call and check.

me being such a monsterman whore i have two :) like them

gidddy169
11-20-2006, 8:14 PM
Are you thinking about making one for the FAL?

MonsterMan
11-20-2006, 8:46 PM
Are you thinking about making one for the FAL?

I have stated in the past that I will probably work up a design in January. Nothing for sure, but that is when I will attempt it. The AR and AK grips keep me very busy right now and I want to get through the holiday season before I start on a new one.

Thanks
MM

gidddy169
11-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I thought you stated you were considering it, but I couldn't remember for sure. Thanks a lot.