PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Bullet Button Tool Question...

dandingo13
03-23-2011, 6:40 PM
Hey guys,

So I'm building my first AR-15 and I bought 4 PMAGS from Calegalmags with the UBBT and ranger plates installed. I thought I had read awhile back that it isn't legal to have the bullet button tool attached to your rifle ever. Does this mean that I can't use these mags in my rifle and can only use them to remove other mags that don't possess the UBBT? If so, I may have to modify 3 of 'em. Thanks in advance.

MUNCHIE
03-23-2011, 6:43 PM
As I understand it it is ok to use mags with the UBBT because once the magazine is inserted it renders the tool inoperable.

donking
03-23-2011, 6:44 PM
I think you are confusing the UBBT with something else.

dandingo13
03-23-2011, 6:46 PM
As I understand it it is ok to use mags with the UBBT because once the magazine is inserted it renders the tool inoperable.

Ahh, ok. I figured that I was wrong and was hoping so. Thanks for clarifying.

I think you're right. I just wanted to make sure I was within the law.

MUNCHIE
03-23-2011, 6:49 PM

To clarify, the UBBT is a plastic "dowel" for lack of a better term that protrudes from the front of a magazine towards the bottom which you can use the dowel on the next magazine to release the spent mag on a standard bullet button equipped rifle.

I have a few of these installed on some c-products 10 rounders and I think they are great, although those mags are a B***H to drill

the big ravioli
03-23-2011, 7:18 PM
although those mags are a B***H to drill

Use a Ti. coated bit it will drill like butter!