PDA

View Full Version : What due process? Why the battle for liberty is fought on multiple fronts...

Hopi
03-23-2011, 2:09 PM
Thanks to Josh for posting this on FB...
http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/23/new-gun-control-legislation-would-prohibit-those-arrested-but-not-convicted-of-drug-crimes-from-possessing-firearms/

New gun-control legislation would prohibit those arrested but not convicted of drug crimes from possessing firearms

It's about control, not drugs, not guns.

ojisan
03-23-2011, 2:12 PM
More "common sense" from our friend Chucky.
:rolleyes:

Untamed1972
03-23-2011, 2:21 PM
I heard about this on the radio today.

I think since the SCOTUS affirmed that certain restrictions on felons, mentially ill and so on would still pass muster what were are gonna see is efforts to make more minro crimes felonies and reasons to stamp people as mentally ill or whatever so as to increase the opportunities for people to become prohibited persons.

So heck.....why dont we make rolling a stop sign or speeding a school zone or wearing a green shirt on Tues. a felony and then in time EVERYONE will become a felon! :rolleyes:

nicki
03-23-2011, 2:33 PM
Let's help turn the Left on each other.

I am sure that this will go over real well with Medical Marijuana Card holders.

The vast majority of Americans support Medical Marijuna.

I believe that most people already realize that many people who have cards do so for "recreational purposes" and they still support the system because while they can't get themselves to support legalization, they realize the war on drugs is a failure and that the medical cards provide a quasi legal way for people to legally get pot while keeping it "illegal".

Many people are quick to throw away the rights of others until it comes back to bite them in their ***es.

If Obama actually signs this, he will piss off alot of people that he needs their votes.

***k Chuck, I hope this bill goes down in flames.

Nicki

Falconis
03-23-2011, 2:37 PM
I have a feeling even if this is passed it would not pass the smell test in court. I can't see a court allowing this one. Then again I could be wrong.

scarville
03-23-2011, 2:48 PM
There is a reason Chucky's name has become a synonym for human excrement. This bill truly is a crock of schumer.

So far it has two co-sponsors:
Kirsten Gillibrand [D-NY]
John Kerry [D-MA]

:popcorn:

nicki
03-23-2011, 2:51 PM
Perhaps the ACLU may actually attack this bill. It is an attack not just on gun rights, but all rights.

Nicki

Legasat
03-23-2011, 2:55 PM
These people will NEVER stop coming after us. We need to remain united and ever vigilant.

Get involved!

Mike494
03-23-2011, 3:14 PM
So I guess all that "innocent until proven guilty" stuff doesn't count? Oh, I get it. You must be guilty, or they would not have arrested you. :rolleyes:

N6ATF
03-23-2011, 3:25 PM
I wonder, since supposedly mere possession of narcotics equals PC to arrest under fed law, that's basically what they're using to skip the trial.

robcoe
03-23-2011, 3:47 PM
Even the nation’s largest gun-control advocacy group, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, has problems with Schumer’s drug language.

“It’s a concern we’ve raised about this proposal, too. I’ve got the same concerns,” said Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign. “[There is] the whole innocent-until-proven-guilty concept coming into play here. So that alone is a legitimate concern.”

****, never thought I would agree with those idiots on anything.

Write Winger
03-23-2011, 5:42 PM
Imagine during prohibition losing your gun rights for having a drink. Tell you what, I'd be the most guilty one here! Unless you want to challenge my assertions :D