PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Button Question

SoCalG
03-23-2011, 2:35 PM
I was interested in a Sig Sauer .556 DMR rifle that is for sale from an out of state dealer. I haven't seen it priced lower than $2,000 in stock (keywords in stock) in California yet. It comes standard with the nice Magpul stock and bipod! I just found it for less than $1,400 new from the out of state dealer.

It does NOT have the bullet button installed - how can we get this shipped to CA.???? Can we order it through a AZ FFL dealer, have them install the bullet button and then ship to a CA FFL dealer? The savings on this rifle justify paying 2 FFL dealers for the transaction if it can work.

Thanks

Uriah02
03-23-2011, 2:40 PM
I believe there are some FFL's who can recieve BBless weapons and add it to weapon prior to transfer. Depending on how helpful the out of state seller is, you might be able to send him a BB to install and make legal to send to your choice FFL.

SoCalG
03-23-2011, 2:45 PM
I believe there are some FFL's who can recieve BBless weapons and add it to weapon prior to transfer. Depending on how helpful the out of state seller is, you might be able to send him a BB to install and make legal to send to your choice FFL.

I should have mentioned what you just said- the out of state seller will NOT install a BB and ship to California.

shark92651
03-23-2011, 3:01 PM
Ship it to a middle-man. There are several to choose from on this Google map:

Google Map: CA OLL Shops, CA-Friendly, and Middleman Dealers (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=114642404165506914083.00048b2087cdc99a18b2f&z=4)

SoCalG
03-23-2011, 3:04 PM
Ship it to a middle-man. There are several to choose from on this Google map:

Google Map: CA OLL Shops, CA-Friendly, and Middleman Dealers (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=114642404165506914083.00048b2087cdc99a18b2f&z=4)

I see you are on the list....why didn't you say so:) - I think if I go that route I will go through you

shark92651
03-23-2011, 3:09 PM
I see you are on the list....why didn't you say so:) - I think if I go that route I will go through you

I think you misunderstood. The Middle-man dealers are outside California. You pay them to receive it for you and to do something as simple as separate the upper from the lower, or install a BB, and they then ship it into the CA dealer in a non-AW configuration. Some sellers are unwilling to ship to CA or to go through any extra effort such as disassembly or BB install. For those dealers you go through a middle-man, assuming they are willing to do that.

Knife Edge
03-23-2011, 3:46 PM
Ship to the Shark! Youll love that place and customer service is over the top.

SoCalG
03-23-2011, 4:00 PM
I think you misunderstood. The Middle-man dealers are outside California. You pay them to receive it for you and to do something as simple as separate the upper from the lower, or install a BB, and they then ship it into the CA dealer in a non-AW configuration. Some sellers are unwilling to ship to CA or to go through any extra effort such as disassembly or BB install. For those dealers you go through a middle-man, assuming they are willing to do that.

Got it- I will still use you if I go this route.