PDA

View Full Version : Police siezed upper receiver

longhorn
03-23-2011, 1:10 PM
Situation: I was at my cousins house showing off my new spikes upper receiver. Unknown to me, the fella he lived with was on parole.

Parole sweep: Parole board came in, took my upper receiver even though the fella on parole was not home.

Out come: They waited about an hour until the gentleman returned home and arrested him. My receiver is in the evidence locker and they may try to charge him with possession of a firearm and the non-alcoholic beer he was not supposed to have.

Question: Can anybody tell me where i can find Cal-laws pertaining to disassembled or incomplete AR-15 rifles?

G60
03-23-2011, 1:14 PM
See this:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=245866

gun toting monkeyboy
03-23-2011, 1:16 PM
Well hell, by that logic, they should have confiscated their own sidearms, because they were in the same house too. Seriously, wtf?

Ubermcoupe
03-23-2011, 1:16 PM
I am assuming you got an evidence receipt? and contact a lawyer.

It is my understanding it can and will be used in accordance as evidence in an ongoing case, but once that is adjudicated it will be your legal action to ensure you get it back before it is destroyed.

Librarian
03-23-2011, 1:17 PM
An upper is not a firearm, but folks on parole are restricted from lots of things besides firearms.

You need a lawyer, I think.

wildhawker
03-23-2011, 1:18 PM
You and your cousin need a lawyer. Please email your contact info to hotline@calgunsfoundation.org.

-Brandon

Situation: I was at my cousins house showing off my new spikes upper receiver. Unknown to me, the fella he lived with was on parole.

Parole sweep: Parole board came in, took my upper receiver even though the fella on parole was not home.

Out come: They waited about an hour until the gentleman returned home and arrested him. My receiver is in the evidence locker and they may try to charge him with possession of a firearm and the non-alcoholic beer he was not supposed to have.

Question: Can anybody tell me where i can find Cal-laws pertaining to disassembled or incomplete AR-15 rifles?

robcoe
03-23-2011, 1:20 PM
See this:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=245866

^^that^^

OleCuss
03-23-2011, 1:22 PM
You and your cousin need a lawyer. Please email your contact info to hotline@calgunsfoundation.org.

-Brandon

A very good rule of thumb is to always do what Brandon tells you to do. It saves a whole lot of money and grief.

wildhawker
03-23-2011, 1:22 PM
^^that^^

Email is easier for us and faster.

-Brandon

Stanze
03-23-2011, 1:32 PM
It's cheaper and less a waste of your time to buy another upper. You might get it back after the court is done with the parolee--may have to hire a lawyer to petition the court for return of your property--like that would be worth it, but until that happens it's evidence.

Best of luck.